𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

=13:05 (1:05 PM)=

The coaches dismiss the girls off to their lunch break again, also leaving to grab lunch somewhere else.

As all the girls busy themselves with conversations and hunger, Y/N sneaks off to the gym, wanting to practice her serves.

Putting her volleyball shoes back on, she jogs over to the nearest court.  Placing an empty water bottle to help aim on one side of the court.  She goes to the opposite side, grabbing a free ball just lying on the ground.  She jogs to the end line, moving a couple of feet away from the line.

Breathing in and out slow, she tosses the ball high in the air.  "That toss felt good." Y/N thought, starting her running approach.  She then jumps about two-thirds of her vertical jump, hitting the ball with her left-hand- using more force than control.  She groans internally when the ball lands a couple centimeters away from the bottle.

Sprinting to get the ball, she returns to the end line as she hears small footsteps by the entrance.  Y/N turns around to look who's entering.  She slightly recognizes the girl as Ikjin's libero, "Though she really doesn't live up to that position."  "Anneong." Y/N bows her head to the peeking girl.

Chaeyoung nervously bows, lifting her head up with an uneasy smile, "A-anneong!  Chaeyoung imnida!"  Y/N bows her head, "Y/N imnida.  Need something?"  Chaeyoung jumps at the question, startled by the latter's bluntness.

The libero just stays frozen, Y/N chuckles as she focuses back on her serve.  "Just going to watch? I don't mind having an audience," Y/N says, tossing the ball high up in the air- jumping at 80% of her vertical jump.  Chaeyoung watches in awe, "She looks like she's flying... so elegantly..."  Y/N spikes the serve, the ball violently hitting the bottle as Y/N touches the ground with her feet again.  She looks to the staring libero, "Chaeyoung-ssi, was that a good form or no?"

She widens her eyes, "Shoot- she asked me a question! I don't know how to respond-"  "Ne, perfect form." Chaeyoung awkwardly throws a thumbs up.  Y/N nods slowly as she runs to the other side to get the ball, returning back to her position.

"Chaeyoung-ssi, you're the libero of Ikjin right?" Y/N asks, looking at Chaeyoung.  The latter nods hesitantly, fidgeting with her fingers nervously.  "N-ne..." she says, trailing off her sentence.  Y/N respectfully bows her head slightly.  "Do you mind receiving my serves?"  Chaeyoung freezes at the question, "IF I TRY TO RECEIVE HER SERVES SHE'LL BREAK MY ARMS!"  "I..." Y/N raises her eyebrow as Chaeyoung shamefully looks down at her feet.

"Although I'm a libero, I suck at receiving."

Chaeyoung frowns to herself- looking down at her arms.  Y/N nods, "Yeah, I know."  Chaeyoung's eyes widen at Y/N's blunt sentence, speechless.

"But..." Y/N starts her sentence, walking up to Chaeyoung and placing the ball on her arms.  "We all start somewhere, Chaeyoung-ssi.  You just so happen to start now-" she gestures the latter over to the court.

Chaeyoung's face reddens, "Was she always like this-?!"  Y/N stands in front of Chaeyoung, facing her with the correct form of receiving.  While Y/N was explaining how to receive properly, Chaeyoung started to slightly focus more on Y/N's muscular and lean arms.  "She looks really strong..." she thought to herself.

"That's all.  All you really have to do is just stay somewhat low, palms out, and keep a clear head.  Did you get all that?"

"N-ne!"

"I'll do a normal overhand serve which you can receive, does that sound good with you?" Y/N politely asks the latter.  Chaeyoung nods with a small smile.  "I would appreciate it a lot, gomawoyo!" Chaeyoung says, excited to try out her new receive technique.

The setter nods and goes to the other side of the court, going to the end line, she lightly tosses the ball in the air and hits it normally.  Chaeyoung goes into her thinking process.

"Light feet... low... palms out-"

The ball lightly passes Chaeyoung, hitting the floor next to her.  The two look at each other in silence.

"Chaeyoung-s-"

"Again!" Chaeyoung yells, taking the ball and throwing it at Y/N.  Y/N catches the ball, surprised at Chaeyoung's sudden determination.

She repeats the same serve, the ball slowly going over the net.  Chaeyoung carefully yet fast-observes the serve.  "It's a bit off, I wonder where it will land-" the ball still hovers in slow motion.  The libero breathes in and out, relaxing her stiff form, "Clear mind..."  The ball is then returned to Y/N's side of the court, hitting off of Chaeyoung's arms.  Her eyes widen, surprised to successfully return the ball.

Y/N nods approvingly, "Good job, Chaeyoung-shi."  Chaeyoung looks at Y/N and bows, "Kamsahamnida!"  The setter waves it off.

Chaeyoung excitedly waves to Y/N as she runs to the cafeteria to tell her teammates about her receiving.  Y/N remains in the court, still focusing on her spike serves.

Minutes pass, and the lunch break has ended.  The teams walk back to the gym, with the coaches meeting them halfway.  Though, with Hyebaek's team in the front- they stop suddenly by the door.  Silencing the teams behind them, everyone peeks into the gym.  They find Y/N breathing in and out with a ball on her hand.  She tosses it high in the air, looking towards it then looking directly at the bottle- she sprints and jumps at 100% of her vertical jump.  The teams gawk silently as she swings with her left hand, the ball going from one side of the court to the other in a second.  Though she misses the bottle.  Moonbyul chuckles as the rest of the players stare in awe, she enters the gym first, welcomed by her setter.  The other teams soon follow after, entering the gym.

"Anneong unnie." Y/N simply says, grabbing the ball.  Moonbyul pats Y/N's back- she leans into her ear and smirks.  "You got admirers, Y/N-ah," she whispers.  Y/N raises her eyebrow at her senior, "Wae?"  The middle blocker shrugs, "I don't know, but just know that some girls got their eyes on you."  The setter stands clueless and nods slowly.  Moonbyul rolls her eyes and lightly smacks the back of Y/N's head.

Ryujin and Soyeon watch Moonbyul and Y/N's interaction.  They frown and look at each other, sharing the same thoughts mentally.  "Y/N can't handle another heartbreak."

The coaches walk back into the gym, clapping their hands to regroup, "Let's get back to work ladies!"