F-2

Two updates in a row!
who's this and where is Regina phalange🤪
.
.
.
.
For few minutes,silence prevailed in the room. The cool breeze that entered through the open window ,played with Maheen's hair ,ruffling them up a bit.

Haadi just watched the beautiful fumbling girl, sitting in front of her in an awkward position,not quite understanding what to say to her to calm the turmoil inside her soul.

Maheen was anything but at ease. She was already on edge when she got to know that Maya , her therapist,left the job and a new therapist will fill her shoes.

She had to go through all her nightmares once again.

Her body shuddered at the thought and sweat formed on her forehead, despite the bleak afternoon weather , as snow was continuously falling down in small wisps in the outer landscape. Her parched throat wasn't helping either.

Haadi , as if sensed it, passed her the glass of water as Maheen thanked him and gulped down the water in one go.

"So shall we start?", Haadi said, after two long minutes more.

"Uhmm yeah yeah", clearing her throat, Maheen nodded vigorously as she wasn't exactly sure where to even begin with.

"Before we start, I want to tell you for your assurance", Haadi spoke very carefully,as he did not want his words to be jumbled up and come out in a different way, "none of this is going out obviously as it is confidential and apart from that if we meet sometimes out of our professional areas, you can have my word that I won't speak to a single soul that I'm your therapist unless ofcourse you speak up."

Maheen listened to him carefully. Though , she knew that he wasn't a guy who will speak to someone about her personal life without her choice but his words surely were like a balm on those scars of insecurity that had started to resurface when she saw a familiar face of an acquaintance.

"That means a lot honestly.", Maheen smiled at him briefly and again went mute.

Haadi just sat in his chair , comfortably, because he did not want to push her. He knew for a fact that it is difficult when therapists are changed. It's difficult for everyone to place their trust into a new person so fastly.

After five more minutes, Maheen ,with much difficulty spoke her next words, "So do I....do I've to tell you from the start ....about my whole...you know....life ?", Her voice turned into a mere whisper by the end and Haadi was confirmed that he wasn't paying attention on her ,he would have not listened.

"Ofcourse not. I've read you ....um...file", clearing his throat,he spoke professionally,keeping all the thoughts about the surprise of finding her in his office at bay.

"So what do you want to know?", Maheen questioned meekly.

She hated it.

Hated this part of her life. If it wasn't for Adnan, she wouldn't have ever done it. She hated showing any kind of weakness ,be it even in the waver of her voice, she hated showing it to anyone.

"Tell me how was your day? What did you do?", Haadi asked the most common question,trying to make her feel easy in his presence.

He saw her eyes shifting to his and unknowingly but he caught his breath as he looked at her. Indeed the woman in front of her was a beauty. Her hair,now tied in a ponytail with the strands framing her face , her face red from cold as her lips were pale from cold , everything about her was beautiful.

Something snapped in him, and cursing under his breath , he turned his focus on her to listen .

"I ..uh...dropped Adnan , as you know", Maheen gave an awkward laugh and started again, "then went to work and then came here."