IT-3

The day of Haider and Ada's nikkah had finally arrived. The Alam mansion was bustling with noises and people running here and there to complete their respective chores.

As both the families were close , they decided to place the nikkah in Alam residence and split the cost of the functions taking place.

The decorations were done to perfection. The whole mansion looked lively with the lights that adorned it.

Fariya moved swiftly carrying a basket full of rose petals with her,as she dodged all the people that came in her view.

As soon as she reached the top of the stairs , she heard a commotion . She looked up to find Umair and Waqar arguing over something when Umair moved his hand in the air suddenly causing the basket to fall from Fariya's hand.

Three gasps were heard as they saw the rose petals that were supposed to be decorated in the newlyweds room were scattered on the steps of the stairs.

"It's his fault. ", The twins said in unison pointing at each other.

"I was supposed to place them carefully until I get time to decorate them but now they are ruined . All because you both can't seem to keep your hands to yourself.", Fariya cried out,as she accusingly pointed a finger infront of her elder brothers who seemed to have a toddler's soul inside them.

"Common Fari. They are flowers . Leave them.", Umair tried to reason with his younger sister.

"That's the problem bhai. They are to be specifically ordered. We won't get them on such short notice.", Fariya replied,now in distress.

Fahad who seemed to have entered the mansion ,as he was sent to fetch his sister's nikkah ka joda that was to be handed by her mother-in-law , heard the noises and recognised one of them as his best friend's ,and moved to see what had happened.

He came to a halt at the end of the stairs and looked up to see the three siblings arguing over something,which looked more like Fariya bashing her two elder brothers as they kept on shrinking like a cloth , hugging each other for dear life.

"Aree bhai,yahan kya aafat aagyi?", He spoke loudly as he started to climb the stairs, two at a time.

The three siblings looked at him, Umair and Waqar in relief and Fariya in confusion. "What are you doing here?", She asked .

"Aapi ka joda lene aaya hu unki hone wali saas se.", He replied to her. "Now what's happening here? And why does Umair and Waqar look like they'll pray two rakaats of nafl as soon as they are out of here?"

"They destroyed my flowers.", Fariya replied to him while narrowing her eyes at her brothers, who by now have started consoling each other, Umair cajoling Waqar telling him that all will be right , as if they have been kidnapped.

"So? Get new ones. It's a wedding house. Mistakes are meant to happen.", Fahad replied , shrugging his shoulders as if it's no big deal.

"But we won't get any on such short notice!!! And now these are all scattered. Some of them have been destroyed too.", Fariya spoke agitated, as she felt like crying.

Fahad sensed her mood and knew that one wrong move and his friend would be a crying mess considering she gets hyped up in such occasions.

"Okay. So let's do one thing. As not many of them had been destroyed, let's gather them .", He said trying to find an alternative solution.

"There's no time Fahad. Everyone has to get ready. All the girls have gone also. I had to see the decorations since it was on me and look that the room is decorated. But now!!!! ", Fariya replied to him , feeling helpless. Everyone has already retired to their rooms to get ready . She was good in planning such occasions due to which she needed to look after it but now she knew she'll never make it on time .