F-5

Haya was lying on her stomach as she sulked quietly, her tears long dried as she now killed Numair Ibrahim in her head atleast ten times.

She was sulking alone in her room as all the others left for college long back . It was 4 and she knew they would be arriving any moment and would annoy her to show that they had way too much fun when in reality their day would have sucked like any other normal day.

A few fresh tears were already at the bay of her eyes. Haya was a very sensitive person. One chance to cry and she would wail like a kid.
She had always been like this. Even seeing someone cry will make her cry .

A knock on her door brought her back in to the reality world . She spoke loudly for whosoever was at the door to come in.

The door opened and Haya paled visibly seeing none other than Numair Ibrahim,the man who was the cause of her majority of problems ,standing at her door.

"Can I come in?", He asked although he was already inside her room.

Haya didn't have any other option than to nod her head in affirmation as she sat with her back pressed to the bedrest , her hairs definitely a bird's nest as she was still in her red coloured nightsuit celebrating a lazy day.

Ok the other hand, Numair had left his office early as he could not concentrate on his work properly knowing that he had hurt her due to insensitivity. So he left early and on his way got a box of chocolates for her . Dressed in a plain white shirt with navy blue pants ,his blazer hanging on his arm as the heater provided enough warmth in the room .

He came and sat on her side of the bed and saw how Haya shrinked more into herself , trying to be as far as possible.

I won't eat you

He bit back the sarcastic remark that was threatening to escape from his lips. Pressing his mouth in a thin line, he forwarded the box of chocolates towards her wordlessly.

Haya frowned as she didn't understand any of his actions. Him coming to her room and now this. He never did anything like that. Heck they never even conversed then what was this all?! She was questioning herself when Numair cleared his throat and spoke.

"I... I'm sorry. For earlier. I could've spoken softly but I obviously did not. I was worried about your health and that's why I...uh"

Haya's eyes were wide as saucers. First this all,now apologizing,and then him speaking more than two words to her. It was all so surprising.

"It's ok... I...I get it.", Haya replied hurriedly.

Numair felt that the awkwardness in the air could be cut by a knife . He felt like scratching his neck as it itched unnecessarily.

He nodded his head and got up,not knowing what else to say ,he was going out of the room when Haya's voice stopped him dead in his tracks , "Thanks Numair Bhai"

Numair whipped his head so fast with lightning speed and with determined steps,he moved towards her bed and pressed his one knee in the mattress and bent to her eye level and spoke, "Numair . Just Numair ,Haya . "

His voice was filled with authorisation in it and Haya gulped loudly ,scared. "Say it Haya", Numair ordered and Haya closed her eyes due to the close proximity . "say it" she heard his voice again, this time a little bit desperation clear in his voice .

"Nu...Numai-r...", She whispered softly afraid that he won't hear her but his loud sigh indicated that he heard her alright. She felt his hand at the back of her head as Numair caressed her hairs and moved away and out of the room before he lost his senses completely leaving a dumbstruck Haya behind.