I. two

┍━━━━━━━━━━━╝✤╚━━━━━━━━━━━┑

━━━━━━━ ✤ ━━━━━━━

"Eunbyul and I just saw a man with the building owner at the entrance," Cheolwook pulled a chair from an empty desk as Eunbyul moved closer beside Mr. Nam Joosung and made space for him next to her.

"Really?" Mr. Hong pulled back from the stack of papers set up on the table in front of him, glancing between the pawnshop owner and his adoptive daughter.

"Yeah," she nodded. Arms crossed over her chest, Eunbyul thought it'd be better if she explained to them now that they were all gathered inside the privacy of his law firm, and sighed, "He also rented the only other housing room in the plaza. I just signed the contract agreeing he'll room with me for some time. The man's a close friend of Mr. Cho and doesn't have anywhere else to stay, apparently."

"Wait, I didn't know that." Cheolwook raised his eyebrows and pointed a chopstick at her. "Why didn't you say something earlier?"

"I wasn't so sure it was him," she shrugged and the man took back his chopstick, nibbling the pointed end with his teeth as he shook his head in dismissal.

Intrigued with the news, Mr. Hong's assistant spoke up at the other side of her shoulder, "When you saw him; what's the vibe you got from him?"

Eunbyul turned and looked at Mr. Nam, going for a straight and practical description while she recalled Mr. Cassano's appearance, "Early-to-mid thirties in age, divorced or at least single; no ring on his finger to prove otherwise so he could have no family and did come here alone. Korean, but judging by what Mr. Cho said he's of Italian nationality. Also, Cheolwook-ssi did good in pointing out his expensive shoes- and even though he looked a bit dirtied up and disheveled- his suit was perfectly tailored, appeared to be pulled out of a high-end fashion magazine actually- I'd say he was probably mugged on his way here from the airport, that sort of thing tends to happen and especially to foreigners. Which all but forces the question; if he's got all this money that he can walk around in lavish Italian shoes, wear custom-made clothes, and even pay for housing in advance, why stick around in a place like Geumga Plaza?" Both him and Mr. Nam stared impressed while her father propped his arms on the table and listened attentively. "So, ultimately, the overall vibe is he's definitely not good news."

"Oh, Byulnnie!" Joosung sat back in his chair with a smile and clapped excitedly at her deduction skills, "You really are the best at what you do."

"Yeah, there's no question about it. He kind of gave of an eerie vibe," Cheolwook agreed. "What was that movie called?" He looked between Joosung and Eunbyul but neither of them could muster up the name. The sudden question went unanswered as he shifted in his seat and thought, "He looked like a handsome movie villain."

Mr. Nam looked over at him in slight disbelief and directed at Eunbyul, who was the only one with the certain credibility, "Did he?"

"What? You mean me?" The ravenhead glanced between the two men and when they looked back at her expectantly, she turned to look at Mr. Hong ahead. The lawyer couldn't help but lean forward in his seat like the pair of meddlesome tenants at either side of her, and she sighed. It seemed Vincenzo Cassano's arrival had stirred even the most sensible of minds as well.