I. six

┍━━━━━━━━━━━╝✤╚━━━━━━━━━━━┑

━━━━━━━ ✤ ━━━━━━━

Eunbyul put all thoughts of Mr. Cassano and his intentions with Geumga Plaza aside. This didn't mean she wouldn't figure out whatever the hell was happening, but for the time being, the Italian lawyer was left in the hands of the Head of the Opposition Committee, Lawyer Hong. Still, thanks to Mr. Cassano's quick thinking, they were able to save the plaza for at least another day when the news media and reporters barged into the building and ushered Park Seokdo and his thugs out.

She felt bad for Mr. Cho, though. Bad for thinking he would betray them by willingly signing over their home like that. When in reality, those assholes from the Ant Company had terrorized his family and forced him to take the deal. Her head hurt from the anger she was forced to contain, imagining the fear of his little girls and the pain of his wife as he now laid on a hospital bed after everything.

"Take these," Chayoung set a bottle of ibuprofen on the large glass table in the middle of her Wusang office.

Eunbyul nodded and took two white pills from the small bottle before popping them in her mouth. Swallowed them down with a sip of water as they both turned their attention back to Han Seunhyuk.

The Head of the Law Firm Wusang flipped casually through the Babel Case file papers, a relaxed sigh escaping him while he eased back in his chair. "The witness of the recording confessed to perjury," he said. "Even if the second trial takes place, it'll be dismissed due to lack of evidence. It's over then."

"Yes," Chayoung nodded, "my dad has no more cards up his sleeve."

"Yuchan must be getting old," Mr. Han jested. "He's out of moves."

"You forget, Mr. Han, even an old dog can learn new tricks." Eunbyul ignored her sister's slight shake of her head telling her to not go there. But the goading smile on the man's face made the ache in her head sharpen. She couldn't help but bite back. "In fact, Lawyer Hong sent me over with a message; you slimy Wusang lawyers better watch your backs because he's not finished fighting yet."

"Goodness," Seunhyuk raised his eyebrows, shifted to sit straighter in his seat as he took in the peeved look on her face. "Hong Eunbyul, whose side are you really on?" he laughed but his voice wavered with a nervous smile.

She didn't look like she was joking when she asked, "Well, are you still paying me that half billion?"

"Of course, as long as you keep working on what we agreed on."

Eunbyul let out a breath, shaking the bottle of pills in her hand. The pitched rattle mixed with the silence of her reply only fueled his unease.

If only she wasn't so good at what she did, she was sure Han Seunhyuk would want nothing to do with her. The man was too much of a coward to know how to deal with a woman like her. Even his words of reassurance sounded more like he was pleading for her to stay.