I. thirteen

A/N: Sooo I have decided to split this episode into ch. 13 and 14 because I just thought it was better for me to have two average-length documents to read instead of a 30-page monster of a chapter for the end of ep.3 lol Anyways, please enjoy this one and also- Here's a little gif edit that I hope might put a smile on your face, since there's a lot of tears and pain that's in store AHHHH...

┍━━━━━━━━━━━╝✤╚━━━━━━━━━━━┑

━━━━━━━ ✤ ━━━━━━━

Eunbyul woke up to just her in the small apartment. Mr. Cassano's slippers took up the spot in the corner of the door's welcome mat, where a pair of his many brand-name dress shoes were usually left behind.

She figured Mr. Hong had let him stay the night at his place. Or maybe he was finally gone and out of her life for good?

A glass of iced coffee in her hand, she walked through the living room and trailed back into the small corridor. Her wishful thinking completely deflated when she opened his bedroom door and saw his things still there.

Go ahead and try your best... Ms. Hong, you do not scare me...

His voice agitated her thoughts and she slammed the door closed with a huff.

"Well, he should be," she said to no one in particular, drinking more of the coffee. Its dark bitterness lame against the irritation that rose in her chest. Oh, great. He was even capable of turning her favorite drink bad.

"Yuck--" she shuddered at the distaste and walked back into the living room, setting the glass on the table with a frown.

She still had a couple of hours before work but she picked up her laptop from the lamp table. Plopping herself comfortably on the couch, she brought her legs up and stretched them out to cover the rest of the freed space.

The computer screen lit up and her fingers typed away on the keyboard, answering the influx of emails she'd been postponing in favor of dealing with Researcher Minchul's disappearance.

Eunbyul tried not to think about him. It was just part of her job at Wusang to cover up for Babel's mistakes. It was what she got paid for and dammit, she needed the money.

She just wished it didn't have to be this way.

"Aish!" The stubborn guilt in her chest didn't help. Dismissing the emails in her inbox, her right hand flipped the laptop closed as she tried a calming breath.

Panfilo must've sensed her stirring frustration as well, meowing softly before he jumped on the coffee table. His green eyes stared back at her and she took in the slow blink of his affections with a tired smile.

"Lucky you," Eunbyul sighed and set the computer aside. Her legs moved from the couch to set the soles of her feet down on the floor rug. She sat up and reached for her furry friend, bringing him to lay on her lap with another small meow. "All you have to worry about is eating and sleeping and pooping."