II. nineteen

┍━━━━━━━━━━━╝✤╚━━━━━━━━━━━┑

━━━━━━━ ✤ ━━━━━━━

The tenants of Geumga Plaza gathered in Larry's dance studio upon Eunbyul's request. Chayoung was the last to step foot through the opened glass doors, introducing herself to the rest with a small smile and a couple of well-mannered bows of her head, before she chose a spot on the freshly waxed floor and sat down with the group.

"Good morning everyone," Eunbyul said once everyone was settled and ready to hear what she had to say. With Mr. Nam's help, she grabbed onto one end of the portable whiteboard as he held the other and rolled it up on the raised platform stage. Thanking Mr. Nam, she sent him off to take a seat and motioned to the displayed board right behind her, "I've brought you together this morning to dicuss a new-and-improved game plan."

"Oh," Chef Toto raised his eyebrows at her in question, "was there something wrong with the other one?"

"Yeah," Larry pitched in with the same worry and said, "because I sort of had my part all ready to go."

"And I made pin badges, too, just in case anyone needed to remember their role," Giseok said as he took them out of his backpack and passed them around for the tenants to take a better look at.

"Yah, Mr. Ahn, these are great!" Cheolwook smiled excitedly at the enamel symbol of the Pawn chess piece, painted black with a gold outline.

Miri thanked Cheolwook as he handed her another Pawn pin badge. 

"They're adorable," the piano teacher sent an appreciative bow of her head to Chef Toto's new assistant.

The rest of the group were all quick to agree while they each received their own appropriate chess piece pin badge.

"Eunbyul-ssi," Mr. Tak stood up from his pot and raised the leftover badge in his hand once everyone had gotten theirs, "this one's for you." He stepped closer to the platform stage and offered the Queen symbol to her.

Eunbyul took the enamel pin in the palm of her hand and thanked Giseok on behalf of everyone for his small gift to them. Taking advantage of the silence that had fallen over the dance studio, where they spent the next few seconds admiring their pin badges, she cleared her throat and spoke for all to hear, "Please, don't get too attached to your chess pins yet. There's a couple of changes I want to go over with you guys first."

"Oh, yes," Mrs. Kwak was the first focus and quickly had the rest of them pay attention to Eunbyul on stage, "we're ready, dear, go ahead."

Eunbyul smiled at the show of a green-light and straightened her back, a steady breath escaping her as the nerves bundled between her shoulders eased up, and finally began to explain this new plan.