I. eleven

┍━━━━━━━━━━━╝✤╚━━━━━━━━━━━┑

━━━━━━━ ✤ ━━━━━━━

Early the next morning, Mrs. Kwak gathered the tenants for some of her great hangover soup and leftover tteokbokki.

"It's from yesterday, it didn't go bad," the woman placed the dishes down on the two tables drawn together to fit all of them in her Snack Bar.

A hot bowl of soup in hand, Eunbyul pulled up a chair next to Miri and Yeojin. The group engrossed in their gossip and chatter while she folded her legs under her bottom, sitting on the chair in lotus position.

She set her bowl comfortably in the small nest of her lap and listened to them talk. A safe distance away from the table taken over by an assortment of food dishes.

"I bet the party must've cost at least 10 million won," Mr. Lee said as he slowly walked over to the table, trying not to spill the hot drinks in his hands.

"No," Yeojin tsked in disapproval but gently took one of the cups of coffee in his hands, "it must've cost 20 to 30 million won."

She took more of his burden off him as she passed down the other three cups to Miri and Larry and finally handed Eunbyul her own cup of tea.

"On top of that, Mr. Cassano paid for everything," she eyed her husband and reached out a free hand to pull him down and take his seat beside her.

"Yah..!" He breathed out in disbelief and turned to look at her, "Until yesterday, you were calling him all types of names. But today, he's Mr. Cassano?"

"Gosh, you punk," Yeojin muttered but before they got the chance to start arguing like the married couple they were, Mrs. Kwak spoke up from the kitchen.

"I didn't trust him at first," the senior woman admitted, a smile spreading on her face with the turn of her head to them, "but seeing what he did for the plaza, maybe he's sincere."

"Highly doubt that."

All eyes settled on Eunbyul and she looked up from the bowl of soup in her lap. Confused with their wondering faces and the silence that suddenly fell around her.

"What was that?" Chef Toto poked his head to the side and leaned further at the table.

It was only when she caught his gaze that she realized her thoughts had been spoken aloud.

"Oh," Eunbyul cleared her throat and pursed her lips with a small smile, covering up any suspicion with an agreeable nod instead. "I said; you're right about that, Mrs. Kwak."

"If he had an ulterior motive, he wouldn't have spent a fortune," the beautiful and soft-spoken Miri came to her rescue.

"If they don't give up, he'll keep throwing parties." Mr. Tak shimmied around, careful not to spill the food on his plate as he rounded the table and took an empty seat. "He'll spend 100 million won in no time!"