II. twenty-two

┍━━━━━━━━━━━╝✤╚━━━━━━━━━━━┑

━━━━━━━ ✤ ━━━━━━━

"Yah," the police detective in charge of the case stepped into the room. Demanding an explanation at the sight of Junwoo sitting between them while Chayoung practically ate out of his hand, "Who the hell are you?"

Junwoo waited a moment for Chayoung to finish with her last bite. With a dusting of his palms to get rid of the crumbs, he stood up to his full height and cleared his throat.

"I am from Wusang Law," he said and watched the police detective stand back in shock, "Jang Junwoo, attorney."

"Well," the shorter man tried hiding his panic with a bow of his head, "what can we do for you, Mr. Jang?"

The immediate change of his demeanor made Chayoung roll her eyes.

Eunbyul bit the inside of her cheek in annoyance, and instead left it to Junwoo to express in all his indignation, "This wasn't exactly by the book; I'll sue you if you've broken any rules while investigating—"

"You're embarrassing me," Chayoung tugged at the ends of his suit jacket, but he didn't budge.

"—Show me the evidence!"

The detective only gawked, unsure of the sudden English he spoke.

"Do you have proof?" Junwoo switched back to Korean as he urged the man and his partner while they continued to stand, entirely bewildered by his unrelenting outburst.

The way he kept alternating between the two languages only served to confuse everyone, "You don't, huh? You don't! So why are they still here?! Release them at once, I want to speak to your Commanding Officer. Go get him. Right now!"

"You can't just storm in here and throw a tantrum!" His partner finally got the chance to shout back.

"'Tantrum'?" Junwoo blinked back in confusion, not quite recalling the meaning of the Korean word.

Eunbyul quickly remembered he was practically American, having spent most of his childhood abroad in the States.

"It means you're acting like a big baby throwing a fit," she only helped him understand the insult. Something that she regretted doing the second it came out of her mouth.

He couldn't believe it, scoffing before the true of his anger showed through the gleam in his eyes. "Me?"

Eunbyul managed to catch onto it, quickly using the hidden paperclip in her fingers to pick the handcuff's lock. She set herself free from the desk and stood up from her chair, just in time as she held a tight grip around Junwoo's arm while he seethed, "You son of a—!"