Three

Kailyn POV

"Ah,she"

The pink haired,cat-eyed girl glared at Kevin and scanned the area. She rolled her eyes at Ray and then her eyes fell on me.

"You have grown up to be very pretty,Kailyn. I will give you that"she said,softly.

I always liked her. She treated me like family when my own family refused to.

"You have always been like this,so I can't say the same can I?" She laughed shortly. Anyone in the world could say that the laugh was forced. "May we know who you are?" Tyson asked rudely.

"Do you need to know?" The girl said,sassly. "She is Mariah." I interfered. Believe me if they started fighting,they wouldn't end well. "So,why are we fighting?"

"Kevin insulted Ray" Tyson glared at Kevin. "Eh? Insulted?Why is that?" I clicked my tongue and looked back and forth at them.

"Kevin you are breaking the rules" Mariah raged. "I was just having fun!" He defended. "Wrong answer Kevin" A manly strong voice interrupted. I looked behind Mariah to see Gary,he pampered me a lot when I was younger. Don't know what got him to like me so much.

"Oh,hey" Gary saluted lazily as I returned the gesture a bit more energetically.

"What are you doing following me Mariah?" Ray walked to them and asked. I looked back to check on Kai but I found him missing. Don't tell me he ran off again!

I looked to my left to see him leaning against the wall with his eyes filled in Mariah and Gary. I walked to him and stood in front of him.

"I thought I lost my big bab-"

"I dare you to complete that sentence." Kai looked at me and glared. I shrugged and looked back at my old friends. "Is Mariah that pretty that you couldn't rip your gaze off her?" I asked.

Kai looked at me with a shocked expression and shook his head. "What the hell is wrong with you?" He mumbled. "Isn't that your favourite line? 'What's wrong with you?' " I mimicked. If gazes yould kill,I would have been resting in heaven (or hell) by now.

I flashed a smile at him and turned my gaze away.

"Is that Ray's voice I hear?" A boy asked, coming out of the shadows.

Oh,Lee.

Lee turned his attention at me and widened his eyes.

"Ah,look who we have here"

I scrunched my nose and awkwardly waved at him. He rolled his eyes and started to talk to Ray.

"The others greeted you okay, what's his problem?" Kai asked. "You are curious?" I wiggled my eyebrows at him. He dead-paned.

"Well,we didn't get along. I defeated him once and ever since he has been holding a grudge against me" I informed. Kai didn't give me any reaction and only stared at the new people.

"Hey!You gotta be kidding me. You asked and you refus to give me a reaction?" I complained. Kai shook his head and looked at me. "What do you want me to do?"

"I dunno. Like nod or something"

"And you seem to have found a boyfriend" A tone commented. I looked around to see who Lee was commenting on. "You idiot. He is referring to you and me" Kai rolled his eyes. "Thank you for informing me, genius" I said sarcastically.

"Nah,he is not my boyfri-"

Lee rolled his eyes and turned away.

"friend" I whispered to myself and I felt my lips form a pout. "Don't be upset. It is not going to work on anyone" Kai said rudely. He grabbed on to his Beyblade and challenged Lee. He declined, saying it was against some rules.

"What about me?" Mariah extended her hand and showed her pink blade. "Sorry kid,you are not the one I have a problem with" Kai replied back. "Why?Cause I am a girl?"

Mariah launched her Beyblade and chopped the metal dish into uncountable pieces.

"Kailyn. See ya. Hope we can battle someday" Mariah raised her blade and walked away with her teammates.

"Catch you later Ray and this is not over yet" Mariah commented and walked away.

.

"The city lights are really pretty" I smiled, looking at the pretty lights. "Can we have dinner or something? We can charge Mr-Dickenson,sure he won't mind" Max said as Kenny cheered.

"Ray,why did Mariah call you a traitor back then?" We paused and looked back at Ray who called himself a traitor. I looked at Kai who didn't stop walking.

"Kai, would you stop?" I groaned and grabbed his wrist. He looked back and glared at me, taking his wrist back. "Rude" I complained.

"Why don't you leave him alone? It's not our business and we have enough to worry about" Kai commented. "You gotta be kidding me. Ray is our teammate and we are bound to worry about him" I glared at Kai. He looked down at me and sarcastically said

"That kid with the green hair was true. You were flustered to talk with Ray and now you go to extreme ends to support your little crush" And he walked away. I felt my face heat up and the team members were laughing at me.

"Oh come on!What are you all laughing for?" I walked to them and glared at Tyson,Max and Kenny. "Little crush?" Tyson teased.

"You are restricted from eating today" I commanded.

Kai grunted and stared at his team bickering.

.

The next day came sooner than expected. We boarded the plane and the members couldn't stop teasing me, thanking the great Kai Hiwatari.

"Ray,you gotta sit beside Kailyn!I mean,I will happily give up my seat" I sighed at Max's childish-ness. "If you don't sit in 5 seconds,I will spill this hot water on you" I extended my hands with a cup of hot water.

"I will,I will. Ray make your way to Kailyn!"

"In your own seat,you idiot!"

.
.
.
.