Nineteen

Kailyn POV

We returned back to our hotel and we all were in Ray's and Max's shared room. We offered Kenny to come but he called in sick,so we all were gathered to discuss about that dark blader. I mean,that was the original plan. Tyson fell asleep in the process and Kai was all annoyed.

"Well,I guess one of you has to go and share rooms with Kenny" I said, looking at Tyson who was snoring a bit too loudly. "You want us to sleep with snoring Tyson?!" Max asked horrified. "So,you guys are not sleeping?" I raised my eyebrow. Max walked past me and knelt down in front of Kai.

"Allow me to your room Kai!Ray will go to Kenny's and I can't handle this torture" Max pleaded. Kai rolled his eyes and nodded at Max. "Well,I guess you guys should sleep. I will just write a note,so when Tyson wakes up he can read it and I will go back to my room" The three nodded at me as they walked out. I wrote a note and went out,locking the room.

It was thundering outside with heavy rain. How I loved this weather when I was young. I entered my room,kept my bag on the bed and made my way to the balcony. I let the rain drop fall on my face as I closed my eyes at the sweet mudy breeze. The longer I stay away from Russia,the better.

I opened my eyes to a thunder flashing. I put my hands over my ears and gulped. It wasn't that I was scared of thunder,it was just a bit too shocking for me. I looked down at my pocket to see a bright light shining. I pulled my Beyblade out and saw that it was Duplica.

My eyes fell on the other balcony to see Kai out too. He was looking down at something in his hands, something was flashing,with a frown on his face. He looked up and noticed me. His eyes fell on my Duplica as mine fell on Dranzer. He signalled me to come out.

I pouted. Why did he get to order me around?But he was the team captain anyways. I walked out and gasped seeing him right in front of my door, leaning against the wall.

"How did you get here so quickly?" I asked. He refused to answer me as he strengthened his arm,in a gesture of me giving him something. I, obviously,failed to understand and made a confused face. "Your Duplica"

"Ah,here" I placed my Beyblade in his hands as he brought mine and his Beyblade closer. Suddenly the light flashing stopped. "Are they in love!" I gasped. Kai looked up with a 'done' face. "Are you kidding?" He finally spoke up.

"What?They can be. Why not!" I defended. If I found out Duplica was in love with Dranzer,I would turn the world upside down to make him and her meet. I love Duplica a bit too much. "As their parents,we should support them" I grinned at Kai. "Shut up,will you?" He growled. I acted hurt and shook my head.

"How could you say that to me?" I acted but he didn't seem to care. I swear,if it were the others I would have got a solid reaction. "So,why do you think they were shining?" I asked, seriously. He shrugged at me and gave me back Duplica.

Dranzer and Duplica started to shine again but this time,with one huge shine which could have blinded me and Kai,they stopped.

"They are weird" I shook my head. "Well,Adios Kai" I saluted and turned to my door. When I was about to turn the handle,I heard a whispery laugh. I stopped and looked around. I looked at Kai to confirm if I was hearing it right,to which he nodded at me. I got my launcher ready and looked around,as Kai did the same.

"Well well,we meet again!" The same voice said. The clocked man,in the alley! "Kai" I whispered. He turned to me. "That clocked man in the alley way,I think it's him" I whispered. His hold on his Dranzer tightened as he looked around. When both of us turned to our rights,a scream was heard from behind us. We turned to the voice and saw the clocked man,almost leaning against the wall I would say.

"No Beyblades this time,lady and gentleman" The clocked voice laughed. "If you don't want a battle,why have you followed us here?" Kai asked, positioning the launcher right at that guy.

"How do you know I am real?What if you two are hallucinating?" He laughed. "Hallucinating the same thing?Have you gone crazy?" I glared at him. "Well, wrong move to call me crazy" His voice darkened as he slightly looked up,his eyes partially visible.

He rushed at us as Kai lowered his launcher and opened my room door. With a blink of an eye,Kai grabbed my wrist and pulled me into my room slamming the door shut. The last thing I saw was the ghost rushing at us.

We stood in complete silence and kept on staring at the door. What was that?Were we both really hallucinating? Kai let go of my hand and turned to me. "Are you okay?" I nodded at me. "You?" Kai nodded back.

"He will not give up until he captures our bit-beasts" Kai stated. "I don't think he is alone" I mumbled. "What?" Kai looked up at me.

"I swear I saw someone behind him when you slammed the door shut. Two other people if I remember clearly" I informed. Kai sighed. "Well, it's better if we sleep and rest our minds. What if we really are hallucinating?" Kai stated. "Hallucinating?Kai,that was real. He was real. His voice still rings in my ears,he can't be our hallucinations"

How can he even think that?

"Fine,I agree they were real." He gave up. "I will go"

Kai walked to the door.

"You want to go out there?" I asked him. "What do you want me to do?Stay here?" He raised his eyebrow at me. I shook my head and looked away. "Where are you going to sleep anyways?" Me and Kai were provided single rooms.

"I will figure out a way" He mumbled and held the door handle, twisting it. When he tried to open the door,it didn't work. He tried a bit harder but it still didn't work. "Don't tell me you slammed the door that hard that it got jammed" I asked, surprised. If he did,we were lucky that our team was the only one in this floor. I walked to him and tried. "You did!" I lift my gaze up at him and stared at him shock. Just how much power did he have to jam the door shut?

"I am impressed." I leaned against the door and smiled. "How do I get out?" Did he really ignore my compliment? I am used to it at this point. "Well, it's too late at night and we can't do anything. I wouldn't want to disturb the staff. Just stay here, what's the big deal?" I shrugged. "If our teammates discover this,they are going to eat our heads off" He mumbled.

"Nothing I am not used to" I sly-ly smiled at him and made my way to the inside of the room. "I take the couch" He said. I nodded at him and sat on the bed. "Here you go" I threw a pillow at him and a sheet to cover him. He caught it and threw it on the couch. "I am using the bathroom" He informed, going into the bathroom.

"Why did he ask?" I thought.

My mind was still stuck on that ghost. Even Kai was suggesting that they were just hallucinations.

I heard the door open as I lift my gaze up to see Kai,with his face paint off and the hand armour off. He took off his scarf and set it on the table alongside hid hand armour. He looked so much more human!

"Wow!This is the first time I saw you like this!" I said. "Saw me like what?" He raised his eyebrow. "Without this!" I pointed at my cheeks. He was generally very fast at everything but couldn't figure out what I was saying.

I walked up to him and,out of pure excitement for a reason I have no clue of,stood a bit too close to him and pointed at his cheeks. "This!" I said. I looked up at Kai to see him looking at me.

How did I ever not notice?His eyes were shining rubys. His eyes were a bit too beautiful for a human,I tell you. Maybe he was an angel from hell?It can be heaven as well. I gulped  at his intense gaze and I wanted to step back but my feet were glued to the ground. Even he didn't back away. Was this a compition?

I snapped out and backed away. I nervously smiled at him. "Uh...good night" I wished and went to bed,not turning back to see him. I went into the sheets and closed my eyes shut.

But all I could think about were those Ruby eyes.

.
.
.
.