Thirty Six

Kailyn POV

Dranzer.

A huge smile made my face and I am sure everyone in the team had the same one in their faces. "Kai!" Voltaire screamed. "You idiot!You have betrayed me!"

"I haven't done anything. I gave up on Dranzer once and I will never do it again! And let me remind you,I am not your weapon!" Kai answered back.

"Let's go Kai!!We are right behind you!" Tyson cheered as the others added words of encouragement. Kai turned around and gratefully smiled at us and turned his attention back to the battle.

"You are the man Kai!" Max cheered. He really is.

Although Dranzer seemed over-powering, Spencer stole the match and captured Dranzer. Kai walked back with his head bowed down, leaving his Beyblade. I was rather proud,he didn't use Black Dranzer and it was all that mattered.

"I think you forgot this" Tyson handed Kai over his Beyblade. "You did awesome Kai!I have never seen Dranzer so elegant and powerful!" Ray complimented.

"You really made Spencer work for his win!" Max grinned.

"Now,cheer up although that's a bit hard for you,but try and support Ray" Tyson joked. All of smiled.

Ray, tommorow is your day!

.

We were all seated in the pavilion and watched Jazzman introduce the match. I turned to Ray as he stood up.

We all followed and encouraged him.

Tyson put up Ray's hands as he placed his hand on Ray's. "Our fate lies in your hands Ray" Tyson said. Max and Kenny followed. Kai laid his hand on top and said "Good luck,my friend"

Looks like the ice is finally melting.

"We don't need to give you a special invitation,do we?" Ray turned his head at me. "Oh, don't worry. I am forever with you!" I smiled and placed my hand on top.

"You are going to make us proud Ray" Ray smiled and walked to the dish. We all turned and sat back at the pavilion. The dish was a rotating dish at the middle and Bryan's Beyblade spun freely in the middle. Cheats,I tell you.

The velocity was so high of Bryan's Beyblade that it broke the stadium and the chunk that broke landed straight on Ray's guts. I widened my eyes and gripped the seats tightly.

"Figures" I heard Kai say and Max ask what he means. "That chunk of the stadium attacking Ray was no accident,pal"

Bryan's Beyblade was not letting Drigger attack and Ray was falling weak. A strong wind blew and Ray fell back with his Beyblade at his side. We all stood up as Max,Kenny and Tyson ran to Ray and picked him up. Not a hint of 'sorry' was on Bryan's face.

We led Ray to the rest room and checked up on him. He stood up and grabbed his Beyblade. He turned to Kai for advice.

"Be extra careful. He is not just after your bit-beast,he is after you and your Beyblade. He wants to destroy both of you" Gasps were heard all around the room. Ray nodded at Kai and walked out of the room.

.

The battle has started and Bryan has called out his bit-beast. Something invisible was torturing Ray, physically. His clothes where tearing but he was patient and held up well. I gulped at his condition,Boris was already so dirty but nothing in me ever told me he would go up to this extent. The match ended with our win but Ray's condition was worsening.

Ray was tripping backwards as we made our way to him and Kai carried him to the rest room.

.

He was done getting treated as he sat up.

"I have to go" His voice barely made out.

"Ray,I believe you and Drigger. Everyone does after that match but I think I should go. According to rules,we can switch Beybladers in only one round. Tyson will handle Tala,I should go against Bryan" I suggested.

"You think Drigger is going to lose?" Ray looked up at me. "I don't Ray. I have said this a million of times and I am saying this again,our bit-beasts are the same just 5 parts in 5 Beyblades. That's all. I am taking in consideration about your condition Ray, that's all"

Ray shook his head.

"You are going in the third session" Ray said, standing up. When I was about to talk again,a hand laid on my shoulder. I looked back at Kai who was shaking his head. I sighed and nodded as he pulled his hand away.

.

"Ray!Come back!" I yelled but he wasn't listening. Bryan was verbally torturing Ray and he wasn't backing down. "He won't back down Kailyn. He is too invested in that battle" Kai said.

Tears made up my eyes. I love all my teammates too much and seeing Ray like this hurts me. His clothes were all torn and his front bandana opened making his long front hair. Bryan's attacks didn't stop as it ripped open Ray's back hairs. Ray increased his breathing and stood wobbly on the ground. When it seemed all over, Drigger shined brighter and blinded us all. When it finally dimmed, Spencer and his Beyblade lied defeated.

I heard my teammates cheering but my eyes searched for Ray. My heart broke when I saw him lying injured but with a small smile on his face. The tears streamed down my face as I yelled out his name. I ran to him and held his shoulders.

"Ray!!!"

.

He was set on a hospital bed and buckled up. I stood by Ray,tears not stopping from my eyes. I gripped the railing tighter,not wanting to keep Ray away from my gaze. Tyson patted my back and put Drigger on his chest, claiming that he would be okay.

Even though Tyson held himself back,his voice gave it away. His shaky voice held his tears back.

Ray's hand moved as we all stared in shock. He opened his eyes and looked at us. "Drigger saved you" Kai said, softly. "He will surely return to you" Mariah said.

"He has to leave" Tyson's father said as the doctors pulled Ray away. I backed away and wiped my tears. Ray held Tyson back and wished him all the best for the battle against Tala because he won't be present in the battle.

"Kailyn" Ray called out as I turned to him. He weakly gestured at me and left Tyson's hand. He held my hand softly and said

"Kailyn,you are the first one up against Tala tommorow. Win it for us,win it for me please" My eyes blurred once again. I bowed my head and let the tears fall...again. "I am too weak,or else I would have wiped those tears away. Win this Kailyn,I am rooting for you. Once you win,Tyson will bring the trophy home" I nodded at him and let him leave.

I tighten my grip around my Beyblade.

Tommorow is for Ray.

Tommorow is for the Bladebreakers.

.
.
.
.