Seven

Kailyn POV

The next morning (finals)

"They are way better than us in defence and hold the edge on us in offense. They are five times stronger than we are" Kenny informed.

"I believe we can still win Bladebreakers." I encouraged, going off the bus.

We were in our waiting room and everyone seemed off. Only Dizzy's voice was audible in the room.

My attention always seems to always be on Kai. How does a man stay quiet for so long?Well currently Kenny was debriefing Max and Kenny seemed a bit violent.

"Oh Kenny. Surely our Max got it. You don't have to worry so much and Max is just relaxed, that's all" I peaked and calmed Kenny down. "Oh,I had news to share" Mr-Dickenson suddenly announced.

"Yeah Mr-Dickenson?" Ray asked. "Kailyn,you have been entered as a substitute for the bladebreakers" I swear I almost dropped my laptop when I heard that. I pointed at myself and looked at him confused.

"Me?"

"We have to test her after this but for now,we have to go" Kai announced as everyone followed him. What the heck?I got a boom dropped on me and he decides to divert everyone's attention?!

I sighed and made my way to the ground, keeping the substitute thing in some hidden corner of my brain.

I sat down,to the corner most of the seat and opened my laptop, typing away. Our first opponent was Gary with his big-beast Galzzy. His main attack was the bear axe. His beast was a bit too scary.

The first match started and my laptop seems to have gone crazy. I closed my program and decided not to stress over the real match and rather focus on Gary's stats. I heard Kenny say that Gary's power was over the charts. The stadium was just another problem,it was a satellite themed stadium and it kept on spinning. Gary had called his bit-beast out and stared up at it. What a bit-beast it was. Max was, surprisingly,still in the match because of Gary's irrational attacks. I don't get it.

"Simple physics Kenny. The counter rotation throws Gary off guard which is good for Max. Surprised Kailyn couldn't figure it out" I shrugged at Dizzy''s words. "This dish is so weird" I mumbled, typing away.

If Gary's momentum is decreased, wouldn't Max's too? How is Max resisting it? I looked up at Gary and saw him laughing. This surely won't end up good for Max.

"Max,you gotta be careful. Gary has figured out your techniques,I can clearly see through him" I warned. "I am the king of the world"

I have never gotten ignored so often. It's getting annoying if I am being honest.

When am I ever wrong?Gary spun on top of Max's Beyblade and destroyed him.

"I told ya" I mumbled, shaking my head. "How is that possible?" Kenny asked. "You got it wrong Dizzy. It's true that his momentum decreases when Galzzy is on the spinning thing but Galzzy and Gary are related. Galzzy mimics Gary and Gary seems to be getting angry for the first loss. And the cherry on top is that it's not even at full power" I said.

"Yeah,what she said" Dizzy added on.

"We figured out a plan!" Kenny whispered.

"It won't work" I shook my head. Nothing can stop him.

And obviously,Gary won the first round.

The next match was Mariah Vs Ray.

"Galux" I gritted my teeth. The crowd cheered on for Mariah as Kenny added to her merits. "Can you make it any more obvious that you have a huge crush on Mariah?" Tyson commented.

"I don't!"

"I don't think Ray is the right person to go against Mariah" Kai said. "Why is that Kai?" Tyson asked. "They have history together. How do you know he won't forget who he fights for?"

"Atleast they don't have chemistry together" I joked to myself. No one heard it but Kai had to. He turned his sharp gaze at me. "Thankfully they don't" He said, looking at me. The team turned their attention at me and asked me what he was saying.

"Did you say, 'Atleast they don't have chemistry together' or did I mishear it?" Max asked. "You heard right Max" Kai confirmed. "Hey!I was joking first of all! And second,Kai is going to die in my hands today" I set my laptop and board down and walked to him.

"Oh my tigeress. He is the captain" Max pulled me back. "I wish I cared." I struggled. "You can't deny on your crush on Ray,Kailyn. It's very clear" Tyson said.

"For the last time,it was just a joke!"

"Was it Kai?I couldn't hear it clearly but you must have. In what emotion did she say it in?" Max asked, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "Who are you asking about emotions Max?" I slapped his forehead.

"Bladers get ready!"

I looked up at the dish to see both the blades spinning. From the very first Mariah attacked and Ray's Beyblade fumbled. Mariah's big-beast roared(or meowed) and kept on attacking Drigger. When he did,he missed horribly and Mariah finished him.

"I knew it,Ray let his old feelings for Mariah get the better of him" Kai raged. "Kai, don't say that." Max defended.

"Ray!" I called out. Ray turned around and looked at me, guilty. "You being guilty won't win us the battle Ray and we are here for the world championships. If you lose,the dream is over and you have to hand over Drigger to Lee. If you are ready to lose your bit-beast then you shall play the way you did just now but if you care for the team,you have to buckle up and win this!"

"Just win this Ray." Ray nodded at me and turned to the dish. I stood,cross armed. I won't go back until Ray wins.

The starting of the second battle was no different. Ray fumbled at the start and now Mariah was getting better of him. My palms sweated up as I crossed my fingers for some miracle. Kai walked to me and stood beside me and started to adress Ray.

"I know you loyalties are torn,but you have to win this. You teammates are counting on you. You have to wake up Ray" Kai called out. "What are you getting at Kai?" Ray asked,his eyes glued on the dish. "Battles need to be fought with the head and not with the heart." And he walked back. My eyes trailed him.

I ran to him and sat beside him.

"So you really care!" I clapped. Kai stared at me weirdly.

Both of them used their main attacks and at the end,it was Ray's Beyblade which went on spinning. I grinned. A match under our belt,just one more Ray and we got this. "You are awesome,Kai"

"I am awesome?" Kai asked, raising his eyebrow at me. "Why can't you even take a compliment?" I groaned and heard my teammates cheering Ray on. "What do you want!So that you can feel complimented? You want a hug?"

"Get out of my face" I stuck my tongue out at him and turned my attention to the third match.

Mariah pulled a side-blinder which distanced her from Ray. She unleashed her cat-attack and attacked Drigger,which she missed. Drigger was right at Galux's tail. Mariah was just crazily using her attacks and suddenly the fans switched. The boys,who screamed for Mariah,started to cheer for Ray and the Ray's girl fans started to cheer for Mariah to show appreciation.

Smiles made up Ray's and Mariah's faces. Love was all I could feel in air. It may be romantic love or friends love but Mariah and Ray seemed to enjoy themselves.

No one POV

A smile made up Kailyn's lips. Kai looked at Kailyn a bit shocked that she was smiling at Mariah's and Ray's moments. He had really thought that Kailyn had something for Ray.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Kailyn asked, turning to Kai. "I really thought you had something for Ray" Kai mumbled. "Nah,I think I have a thing for you to be honest" Kailyn joked. A red colour splashed across Kai's face as he looked at the battle. "Finally a colour that is not blue" Kailyn teased, following Kai's gaze.

Ray was the one to win and the Bladebreakers had tied with the white tigers.

"The final round it is!"

.
.
.
.
.