Thirty

Kailyn POV

"You gotta be kidding me!" I yelled at Kai. "You had a choice Kailyn but you decided to back away. I was destined to become the best,all alone" Kai picked up his Beyblade and stared at me. "You are going to regret this"

"I won't Kailyn and Boris says he has a spot for you even. Why join them and not that team?Even you know Bladebreakers don't stand a chance" Kai insulted.

"I will remind you again Kai,our bit-beasts are the strongest in the world, including Dranzer! Black Dranzer doesn't stand a chance, don't you get it?!" I yelled. Was Kai really betraying Dranzer? "Have you forgotten how many battles you have won with Dranzer?!"

"I haven't. Black Dranzer is going to win me more important battles! You have to fight with your mind,not your heart Kailyn!" Anger rose in me. "So that's your decision?Give in and join that stupid organisation?" Kai nodded.

Then I realised,he has already betrayed us and even if I succeed in taking him back,his mind will be stuck on Black Dranzer.

I gritted and teeth and pointed my launcher up, launching my Beyblade.

Duplica destroyed all the cameras and the chains that were holding Black Dranzer. I ordered her to come back as I glared at Kai. "You left your Dranzer for Black Dranzer, traitor." I spat at him and ran away. I knew exactly were I had to go after this. I remember that day too well,the day I saw Black Dranzer for the very first time.

"Wait a minute, Kailyn!" I froze. "Tell your teammates that Kai is sick and he won't be able to come. Or face consequences,and you know I don't go easy" That venomous voice alerted. I nodded and ran away. I had nothing to do with Boris nor Kai.

.

I walked out of the place to see the team and two other people. They turned around and I recognised them. Tala and Ian. They still work for this shit of a place?

"Kailyn!" Max exclaimed but my gaze stayed on the other two. Tala paused when he reached my side and whispered "Brave of you to deny a bit-beast like Black Dranzer. If you ask me, it's stupidity"

"I rather take my Duplica than that shit of a bit-beast" I looked at him and gritted my teeth. "Shit of a bit-beast? Can't believe Black Dranzer's to-be owner says those words"

"Let's go. I can't stand to be in a place like this" I told my teammates,my gaze not halting from Tala. With a last gaze at the Abbey,I walked away knowing the next time I will see Kai,he would be a bloody traitor.

.

We stood outside the bus, waiting for Tyson. He ran in and jumped on the bus. He stopped at the entrance and looked around. "Worried?" Ray asked as Tyson nodded. "Kai has never let us down,I am sure he is already at the venue"

My heart broke. They had such high expectations with Kai and when they figure out that he has switched sides,or has betrayed us. I gulped and climbed the bus. I sat down in the front and burried my face into my hand. I feel so sad for the team.

.

"Our first match is against the demolition boys"

We had reached the venue and we were talking to the All Starz and White Tigers. The All Starz star blader, Michael, announced that their first battle was against the Demolition Boys and my stomach formed a knot. I felt my senses leaving me and my face falling pale.

"Are you okay?You don't look like such" Ray whispered as I looked at him, clearing my throat. "Nervous" to see Kai in the opposite team.

We made our way to the stands as I sat in between Max and Ray. The Jazzman was announcing,or rather screaming and welcoming the teams. My palms where all sweaty as I stared at the Demolition Boys side. This is going to give me a heart attack. I am not ready,not ready to see Kai opposite to us.

Boris gave his opening speech.

The All Starz made their way in while the Demolition Boys Ian walked out. Steven VS Ian. Ian had much of a upper hand.

Wasn't I right?Steven lost himself and the battle. The next battle was against Tala and Eddy.

Tala. He was my best mate at the Abbey surprisingly. I know, it's weird. I was 5 when I entered that Abbey and the last words my parents spoke was "Make her a strong blader" and walked away. I was clueless. The girls there didn't pay any attention to me and continued practicing. Boris had left for work and told me to stand,in middle of no where,for me it was no where. A red-headed boy came near me and informed that Boris had send him to guide me.

I was clueless but followed him anyways. He told me that the tour for where I was going to stay was going to given by a girl as boys weren't allowed in girl's territory. He told me about everything,the time,the practice and at last the team. He told me the formation and I was surprised. But I admired how the team would be formed and wished to be a part of it.

To be a part of it and compete in the world championships.

I still remember young Tala's sad and hesitant face when I expressed my wish. When I asked him,he told me that there were two teams, Demolition Boys and Demolition Girls and Demolition Boys where the main team,so the world championships would be faced by them. Meaning the girls here couldn't dream about the world championships. I accepted the truth and looked around.

That day I figured out that he was in line of becoming the next group captain of the Demolition Boys and I couldn't be happier,I don't know why. I am glad he is the group captain know,he has achieved his dream.

I heard gasps all around the stadium as I looked up. My heart beat seemed to have stopped. Kai stood on their side. I breathed heavily and shook my head. Please tell me this is a nightmare. Please tell me,please tell me!

Kai challenged their whole team and I just know Kai is going to win,I am sorry Black Dranzer is going to win. I closed my eyes and let my tears fall. My chest hurts and my mind throbs. A bright light shined as I looked up.

Black Dranzer has that ability to take others bit-beasts when they lose against him and he sure is using it for the fullest. I looked down to see Tyson looking at Kai. I stood up and wiped my tears. When I turned to go,Ray held my wrist as I looked back.

"You knew, didn't you?" Ray asked. "I did and I regret not to tell you" I mumbled taking my hand out of his grip and running to Tyson.

.

I ran to Tyson and pushed him back,before he could jump at Kai. I pushed his shoulders and vigorously shook my head at him. "Kailyn,leav—"

"Just shut up Tyson!" I yelled, silencing almost everyone in the stadium. "I want Kai back!"

"You are not getting him back!I tried and he is not agreeing!!"

"So you knew" I breathed in. "It doesn't matter. We don't need Kai nor does he need us. All he needs is that filthy thing he calls a bit-beast" i side-eyed Kai.

"Filthy?" Kai questioned. I turned to him and nodded. "I don't have a problem with Black Dranzer,he is just another bit-beast. I have a problem with Black Dranzer snatching away other's bit-beast."

"That's world Kailyn. It's better if you realise it" Kai shrugged. "You had a choice Kailyn. You had the choice of becoming the strongest blader alive and yet,you denied"

"Yes because I have standards. I am not so low to join Boris again!" Kai smirked. "Standards? Black Dranzer is not your standard or is it the other way around?" I shook my head. "I told you before,I am telling you again. You are going to regret it damn hard and when you realise it,you have already lost everything" I grabbed Tyson's wrist and walked away.

.

Tears welped up my eyes as I left Tyson's hand and kept walking. "Kailyn" Tyson whispered but I can't bring myself to stop. I walked past the team when Ray held me back and pulled me to face them. I lift my gaze up at him,with my eyes filled with tears. I held my lips tight, restricting the whimpers coming out of my mouth.

Ray sighed and pulled me into a hug. He patted my hair and told me to calm down. I took a deep breath in and nodded at him. "Hey,we are strong. We are together and we don't need Kai to lead us." Max came and joined the hug. "Yeah,we have each other" Kenny grinned. Kenny pulled Tyson as we group hugged.

It's true,we don't need that man to back us.

We are fine, together.

.
.
.