Flashbacks(12)

———Mikasa POV———

You know I thought the time when Levi sat me down and talked to me about boys was awkward. But this whats happening right now is the most awkward situation I've been in.

Eren sat across from me looking at his milkshake that he ordered looking like he's deep in thought I on the other hand was looking everywhere but him in my defensive what are we even supposed to talk about.

During our whole childhood we didn't have any problems talking to each other. We would talk about the most random Shit too ranging from if aliens are real or if honey is disgusting. Which it is but he thinks otherwise.

We got here ten minutes ago, I ordered the coffee and he ordered a milkshake. Ever since we were younger He's had a sweet tooth and I'm not surprised he still does. Right now we are sitting in a booth at the back corner my back facing the wall and his back facing the rest of the tiny cafe.

Eren cleared his throat making me look back at him he opened his mouth than closed it than opened it. Surely it can't be this hard to talk to each other "So.....Do you uh still play basketball?"

I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows, he broke eye contact and looked towards his drink again "No actually..I quit"

Do you think if I just pretended to faint it would get me out of this awkward situation.

"Oh...Why?" He picked up his drink and looked at me, curiosity gleaming in his eyes.

I thought about it for a moment. Why did I quit? I can't exactly say because Kenny made me or I would have no food for a week...Yeah Kenny wasn't exactly the best at taking care of us and most the time he wasn't even at home. He still loves us or thats what he says.

I shrugged "I wanted to focus on grades I was playing three sports at the time so....."

Silence. Dead silent.

The cafe is making it worse I'm pretty sure. There's no one even here except for the old guy by himself at one of the stools and the workers in the back. "So how's you dog...?" I asked seeing how he had a dog before I left. Sure it was a bitch to me but it was cute

"She died junior year." He said with a sad smile.

Shit. My bad.

I nodded my head repeatedly and looked everywhere but his eyes that were now shining with sadness. "Sorry" I mumbled

We spent the next two minutes just sitting in silence both afraid to actually talk to each other.

What the fuck happened to us?

The tiny bell sounded throughout the quite cafe making both me and Eren look in the direction of the door.

A guy with blonde and green eyes walked in and started to walk in the direction of us.

"Hey man" The guy said while smiling at Eren.

Eren looked at him with furrowed eyebrows looking confused about who this guy was "Hey?"

The guy smiled at me which I raised both my eyebrows in return "Mika right?" He said while crossing his arms