Tragic (31)

This chapter might be confusing. There will be random flashbacks between conversations I'll put a star * right before the sentences so it will make sense.

——Mikasa pov——

Tragic.

Such a simple word but has depth.

Tragic. Your love life maybe?

Tragic. Tragic car crash?

Tragic. Oh, it's tragic that your dad left.

Yeah, I've heard that line multiple times all from people I didn't know or care enough to know.

You have such a Tragic personality, Mikasa.

I've been called a lot of things, Bitch, whore, Slut and crazy. I don't care for it though because it's just words but my favourite thing I've been called is crazy.

Name one genius that isn't crazy.

I'll wait.

I remember I got into a fight with this girl-I didn't care enough to know her name- The moral of the story is that I won. She did pull my hair and bitch slap me but that's beside the point.

The point was she fought me because she was insecure. She fought me and gave me a bloody nose because I excelled at everything and she didn't.

Insecure is such a deep feeling. Most popular people are insecure they just don't show it because everyone puts them on a higher podium.

Bullies are insecure that's a fact they put people down to feel better about themselves.

I got bullied for my scar.

Scars have two different meanings, a scar on your body that you got from popping a pimple or falling off your board or a scar you get emotionally.

It's always there, always in the back of your mind you never really stop thinking about it.

Especially when someone close to you brings it up.

I don't hold it against Eren that he brought up my dad when he was mad.

Damn you should have seen me after I left his house. It was bad. I was crying I couldn't breathe I couldn't stop shaking hell I didn't come out of my room until the last box was packed and we were on the road.

Moving city's was hard and making new friends was already hard enough seeing that I thought everyone hated me and thought I was boring.

Eren fucked with my head. He didn't mean to but still.

He said those things to hurt me and he succeeded

After grade 10 I started talking more and finally made a friend. His name was Mark. He was a mix of Ymir and Connie. He was hilarious.

Mark and I became friends during the summer of grade 10 and he introduced me to Grayson.

And then Luke and I started dating but that was nothing, only lasted for a month I don't know why he bothered to even tell Eren about it. We still stayed close friends after the breakup.

Mark hated luke. They got into a fight one time. It was hilarious.

At the beginning of grade 12, I got the news that my dad died.

He got into a car crash apparently. He was drunk and swerved into a pole.

Levi and I went to his funeral. 

We showed no emotion during the reception, no tears, no frown, no smile. Nothing. We were walking corpses.

Especially when he had a son that was crying in the Front with his mom.