Dreams and walks (22)

This chapter contains manga spoilers so read at your own risk.

———Eren POV———

Are You ever just wide awake with nothing to do and you have no fucking clue why you're even up.

It's interesting how the human brain can work. Your body can be so fucking tired but your mind is wide awake. The bottom line is If you're tired but can't sleep your circadian rhythm is off.

being tired all day and awake at night can also be caused by taking naps in the middle of the fucking day.

Fun fact if you didn't already fucking know people above the age of 18 need seven to nine hours of sleep per night. Yeah. I wish I could get nine hours of sleep.

You know what's so fucking fascinating to me are dreams. Dreams are basically stories and images that our mind creates while we sleep.

They can be vivid sometimes and personally I love vivid dreams.

Dreams can make you Sad or happy most of the times my dreams make me straight out confused.

One time I had a fucking dream that I was being chased by a fucking cow. A cow.

People say that dreams don't actually mean anything but I for one think that they do mean something or that they are giving you a sign.

Some people actually don't dream at all.

Last week in class we were just leaning about which part of the brain creates dreams. Dreams are created deep inside the temporal lobe of the brain, the hippocampus has a central role in our ability to remember, imagine and dream.

You can dream about anything. Even memories, good and bad.

People have their own trigger or triggers that are unique to them.

Sometimes new memories or things that don't quite make sense may surface in a flashback. This means that your mind is still processing the trauma and trying to make sense of things.

It's kind of terrifying if you think about how your mind can play tricks on you while asleep.

Like nightmares.

Nightmares are a whole different thing. They can make your dream feel like a reality and that can really fuck someone in the head.

And sometimes that nightmare was actually a reality. Your mind is just playing it over again.

Like I've said before. Dreams confuse the shit out of me.

—————-

"Mikasa?" I knocked at her door.

No reply

It was early in the morning I think around 6am? I'm not sure. I haven't heard from Mikasa all fucking day yesterday and no I'm not obsessed with her but it's bizarre that she hasn't texted or answered my calls.

I knocked again.

No response.