Chapter 19: The New Teacher

A/N: What's this!? A new update?! YES IT IS!! :D Celebrate. Rejoice! Hold a DnD party (but invite me because I'm starting to get into it and it's FUN)! Viridian is back!! And now, he's got a little more on his plate than he did before. *snickers*

Are you ready, readers?! ROLL INITIATIVE, because this is the start of the next roller coaster! >:3c

Without further ado, please enjoy (but also as a side note, please expect slow updates because I still work 40 hours a week).

~~~

Shouta sighed when Viridian joined him on the rooftop. It had only been a couple of days since they learned his true identity, and he now found himself wondering if the kid ever slept. "You've got school tomorrow."

"So do you." Viridian chuckled. "Remember our bet? You didn't guess my identity before I revealed it, so I get to keep doing exactly what I've been doing all along." He paused for a moment. "Besides, I can handle patrols just fine so long as I'm not taking over your crappy patrol schedule on top of everything else."

Shouta winced. When he'd asked Viridian to take his patrol schedule in the aftermath of USJ, he'd assumed the man had no day job. He certainly hadn't realized that he was a UA student. "Fine. But do you know what you're going to do about internships? They'll be announced tomorrow."

"I was thinking of Midoriya interning with Viridian." Shouta stared at him, incredulous.

"You can't intern with yourself." He stated slowly, causing the vigilante-turned-hero to laugh.

"Watch me."

"Problem Child." He shook his head. This wasn't worth arguing about. Viridian would do what Viridian wanted. Nothing Shouta said or did would stop him when his mind was set to something. "Are we doing this patrol or not?"

"Come on." Viridian turned towards the South Side. "We'll start over here, tonight." He hummed in thought as they gracefully leapt from one rooftop to the next. "If not me, then who do you recommend? I have to stay near Hosu in case something happens... Other than Iida, I get the feeling that something else happened... I can't remember what, though."

"Hopefully it's nothing important." Shouta grimaced. Knowing Viridian's luck, it was something major. It was still so strange to know that this man—child?person beside him was from the future. Legally, according to Nezu.

Apparently there was actual paperwork for this sort of situation that Tsukauchi could file, so if anyone ever found out about his breaking the time stream, he wouldn't get arrested for it. Go figure.

"What are they like?" He found himself asking in the quiet hours of the night. They'd come to a rest at one of the rooftops of an abandoned crumbling building in the South Side.

"Huh?" Green eyes turned towards him with a questioning head tilt.

"The Nomu from your time... Are they stronger than the one from USJ?" That beast haunted Shouta's nightmares, even now. He could never forget the strength with which it snapped his arms and pounded his face into the concrete. He could still feel its phantom hand grinding his bones to dust—salvageable only by the grace of a single Quirk from a nurse in the hospital he'd been taken to.

Viridian hummed as he thought. "In a sense. See, Shigaraki's Nomu were varied and specialized. I'd say the Dark Nomu would be the closest to the one from USJ. They're about as strong as that one, but they aren't nearly so fast, nor could they heal themselves. The fast ones are the White Nomu." He shuddered hard, and Shouta wondered if he had specific trauma with those ones. "They're so fast I once saw one catch up to someone with a speed Quirk in seconds. That guy's stupidity is the only reason I'm here right now."