Chapter 18: Doors of Opportunity

A/N: Wow. It's been... months. Sorry about that, guys. My muse jumped from fandom to fandom. Now I'm also part of the Linked Universe (Zelda) fandom AND the PJO fandom (finally). Though I've never read the books for Percy Jackson or seen the movie (despite several readers commenting on the similarities between myself and the author of that series).

I calmly remind everyone that I NEVER abandon my stories. Nothing is discontinued. Not Robin's Nest, not Swan Dive, and certainly not Viridian. :3

Also, look forward to a ton more stories eventually. I've got over 60 ideas jotted down, and counted all my stories (including bnha) and have over 60 written or started. So keep an eye out.

New question! I've got scraps from my stories (pieces of work that never quite made the cut into the story for one reason or another, or outlines of the story to be). I was originally going to just post the scraps after the story itself was completed, but I've had several people ask me to post the scraps alongside the story so you've got something to read while waiting between chapters. Yes or No?

Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah and everything else!! (And HAPPY NEW YEAR. Let's all hope 2021 is better than 2020 was) -_-
I was hoping to get this out by this time. :3

I have a Discord, now!! Here's the link: discord.gg/Dz5Er7W

If you have the karaoke app, Sing!Smule, then look me up! My username is SongbirdSapphire.

If you've got tiktok, I'm SilvermistAnimeLover on there (and just about everywhere else)

If you've got fanart to send to me, please send it to my email, Aizawa@email.com, along with your preferred username of reference.

Fanart. Oh. My. TIME. There's so much amazing art, now!! I apologize if I miss some of yours or repeat others, but like I've said before. I'm a scatterbrain. Thank you to everyone who sent me fanart, I literally short-circuit every time in joy.

If I've done this right, then all the new fanart should be accessible under this one singular link: https://imgur.com/gallery/lqxBgOV

A new animatic by HiddenSleepy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdWsYY7ABDY

~~~

It had taken thirty minutes for the situation to fully settle with the room's occupants. Naomasa's head still felt like it was spinning. He was sure that Aizawa was in no better state. Viridian—their good friend, coworker, and informant—was just a child.

Or... appeared to be a child. A child who—apparently—was mentally a fully aged adult who'd survived the apocalypse.

"So... yeah. Sorry about not telling you guys sooner, but... it is a sort of... wild tale." Midoriya shifted uneasily in his chair. "You... do believe me... don't you?"

Naomasa sighed, rubbing his temples. "You've never led us wrong before. Viridian's been nothing but honest, and... Midoriya is no different." He finally said, and the kid—not a kid—let out a breath.

Hawks chuckled lowly. "See? I told you that they'd believe you."

Aizawa still looked rather shell-shocked, but was recovering admirably quickly. "Honestly, Problem Child. You didn't need to stress over this for several weeks. Was saying it really that difficult?"

"Um, yes." Midoriya gave him a flat look—one that they were far too familiar with from Viridian. "What was I supposed to do if you didn't believe me? I'd have to drop off the map! And that'd just make finding Shigaraki all the more difficult." He huffed, crossing his arms. "Oh, um... Can... Can I keep my license? You know, as Viridian?"