Chapter 16: U.A. Sports Festival

A/N: SURPRISE! It's an update! Bet you didn't see this one coming~! Today's update is a long one, which is why it took so long. I've never written the Sports Festival, so forgive me.
That said, this chapter has a LOT of stuff going on. This is the longest chapter in this story yet, sitting at a nice comfy 13,558 words and 28 Microsoft Word pages. Phew! :D

Please stay safe during these uncertain times. Right now, work's been working me like a horse, so expect updates to be smattered here and there. One job (the one I like) has me M-F. The other job decided to schedule me EVERY FUCKING WEEKEND. so I now have a grand total of 0 days off in the foreseeable future. Fuck me.

My TikTok has reached over 1.6k! WOW!! I never realized so many people would like my Aizawa cosplay! :D

I've pre-started two new bnha fics (and by pre-start, I mean jotting down the first few chapters that I'll later go back and rewrite into ACTUAL detailed chapters). One is called Instinct, a BnHA/Jurassic Park crossover where Izuku lives for 3 years on Isla Sorna. Featuring brother!Hawks and friend!Hatsume.
The other is the Code Lyoko/BnHA crossover where Izuku went to Kadic Academy for two years before returning to Japan to attend U.A. :)

A new fic is getting closer and closer to being put up. It's a BnHA one called Hated by Life Itself, and features Dadzawa, Dadmic, and UncleTsukauchi! Mainly focused on UncleTsukauchi at this point, though. Izuku will still attend U.A., though. :) Oh yeah! And Izuku's got an immortality Quirk, did I forget to mention that?

Please enjoy, and let me know what you think~! Any fanart should be sent to aizawa@email.com

FANART:
Thank you to Sapling who drew the Green Nomu! You rock!
https://imgur.com/dwvvccg
https://imgur.com/hnJxygh

I'm sorry if I missed your fanart submission, I'm a scatterbrain and sometimes forget to eat. I tend to forget what I've already posted and what I haven't, so if I've missed yours, please PM me or email me to let me know and I'll put it up on the next chapter. *grins*

~~~

Izuku was released from the hospital after only a few hours. Hisinjuries looked worse than they were. The gash on his arm needed stitches, and the gash on his leg had been badly infected (likely the reason for the fever he'd developed while with Dabi in the First Run, and was also to blame for him being so out of it during the crash). Luckily, there'd been a nurse on duty with an antibiotic Quirk and she took care of the infection in an hour.

It hurt like a bitch, but it was better than spending the next few days holed up in the hospital. A quick trip to Recovery Girl thereafter with Nezu helped him recover completely. He was excused from his classes for the day, though, not that Izuku particularly minded. Despite his protests, he wasn't that worried about missing classes; he just didn't want to go to the hospital.

So here he was wandering around U.A.'s campus. Just because he didn't have to go to class didn't mean he wasn't going to explore. Besides, he made support items for a living in the First Run, and he was itching to create a few new toys. He'd been scraping by as Viridian thus far on civilian-level goods and stuff he could snag from the dump he lived in, but broken and abandoned materials could only get him so far. If he was going to be prepared, he needed some real support gear.

And there were only two people he trusted with his stuff—himself, and Hatsume Mei.

The girl had been a fellow inventor and friendly rival for him during the First Run. They hadn't necessarily been close, but they understood each other well enough.