Chapter 12: Confusion and Lies

A/N: Hello everyone! Sorry I've been gone for two days. I feel super bad. :( But Tuesday I had work from 9AM-8PM, and Wednesday I drove down to Oceanside to visit my Nana and Mom (and set my mom up with Funimation so she could binge My hero without me, because I've gotten her hooked on it, too.). I got home yesterday and promptly felt like shit and went to bed at 6PM. That's right. Six in the evening, before the sun even set. And woke up at 10AM. I slept SIXTEEN hours, and still woke up tired. Oof.

Still feel kinda shitty, but I went ahead and finished up this chapter for you! I'm sorry to say that updates likely won't be daily, but I'll try my best. I've run out of pre-written chapters, so everything from this point on is posted as I write it.

FANART~!

A big thanks to Kaelan M. for this fanart of Viridian!: https://imgur.com/a/Mi9C2Gt

Please note that this chapter has been edited and updated as of April 20, 2020.

~~~

Izuku sighed as he took a sip of his sake. He was pouring over a couple of cases he was working on as Viridian. Just because he got hurt, didn't mean he was going to completely stop working. He just couldn't go out on patrol yet, was all.

ViridianChaos: Hey, Masa. I think I've got something—I'm going to shoot you an encrypted e-mail with my findings.

Fury: Ugh, just try to make the code solvable for me, would you? I don't want to have to go to Nezu again.

ViridianChaos: That was such an EASY code, though! Fine. I'll send you the cheat sheet on a separate server.

Fury: Thank you.

"Hey, I brought you some..." Keigo stopped mid-sentence as he stared at the sake bottle. "How did you buy that? You're fifteen."

"I'm physically fifteen. I'm actually around forty-four." Izuku smirked as he went for another drink.

"Your physical body would appreciate a working liver." Keigo snatched the bottle before Izuku could drink any more. The vigilante pouted.

"Aww~ But I just started!"

"Too bad. Wait till you're of age, like everyone else in the country."

"I mean, technically—"

"Time travel doesn't count." Keigo crossed his arms.

"Time, you're like the mother I never had." Izuku chuckled as he ran a hand through his hair. He grimaced at the greasy feel. "I need a shower."

"All right—come on, then. Back to my place."

"Huh?"

"You heard me. You need a shower and you need your injuries looked at."

"Fine, fine." Izuku relented, grabbing his overnight bag. He was fairly used to staying over at Keigo's place, by this point.

"You know..." Keigo tilted his head. "You could totally move in with me? I mean, the teachers know that we're good friends, and—"

"No. Not only would that paint a really big target on you and your agency, but it'd also call up questions about my home life I'd rather not answer." Izuku rejected immediately. "Besides... There's no guarantee I'd even be allowed to live with you, if they knew."