Chapter 2: Fun and Games

Hello everyone~! I'm still (somehow) alive. And back with a new chapter for Viridian~! :D Don't kill me. I know you're all looking forward to a new chapter of Swan Dive, but it isn't finished yet. I get MAYBE a day off of work a week, if I'm lucky, so please be patient on this poor author.

Also, I'm considering making a Patreon for those of you who wish to give me any extra cash or whatever you have laying around in your couch cushions. Even a cup of coffee can help keep me going (and I'm not just talking about writing, either). Obviously, this is fanficiton, and I can't make money off of it, but it's just a thought I'm putting out there.

That said, please enjoy~!

Chapter 2: Fun and Games

Viridian grinned. He was having a blast! It had been nearly four months since he'd become a vigilante again, and the lower crime rates of this time allowed him more time to mess with his favorite detective.

They'd already brought the heroes on board, as was protocol when a vigilante ran rampant for too long. He enjoyed his little game of 'hide and seek' if you will. If he was stuck as a kid again, he was going to enjoy every minute of it. So far, nobody but the villains he left for Tsukauchi had seen him, and he now held a reputation as one of Japan's most elusive vigilantes to date—something he was rather proud of.

Tonight, he was playing a game with Tsukauchi and the hero that the detective had invited along—Midnight.

Viridian would admit—it was hard to see her again. She'd been like family to him in his original timeline, and knowing that she wouldn't even recognize him now made his heart constrict painfully. It was part of the reason why he was playing this game tonight. If he couldn't even handle seeing Nemuri again, how on earth would he handle seeing Hizashi or Shouta? And he had no doubts that Eraserhead would soon be brought on to his case. The man was well known for his ways with vigilantes.

Viridian had been leaving notes with each criminal he'd captured tonight. Each one had some sort of puzzle or code that Tsukauchi had to crack which would lead him to the next clue (or villain). Izuku had spent the last week and a half making them all, so he was greatly enjoying the chaos that was unfolding.

Especially when Tsukauchi found one clue taped under his desk.

"How the hell did he get in here?!" Tsukauchi growled, rifling through the security footage, which had since been edited.

"Looks like Viridian is pretty tech-savvy." Midnight tapped her chin as she looked around the office.

"I have little doubt he can hear us right now." Tsukauchi growled as his phone pinged.

ViridianChaos: Sure can Tsukauchi-kun~!

"How did you...? You know what? I'm not even going to ask." He shook his head as Midnight came over to look over his shoulder.

"Huh. So this guy's got us bugged, too?" She looked herself over.

ViridianChaos: Don't bother with it right now, Kayama-chan. I'll deactivate the bugs as soon as tonight's game is done. No worries!

"How the hell does this guy know my name?!" Midnight growled, eyes scouring the room as if she could find the vigilante hiding under a chair.

"That's just how he is." Tsukauchi sighed, placing a calming hand on her shoulder. "Don't take it too personally. He's got information on just about everyone that we have no idea how he got a hold of. Now come on, this clue has coordinates to follow."