Chapter 15: Train Wreck

A/N: 12,187 words. 24 pages (on Microsoft Word, my writing platform). Author's note not included. This is the longest chapter I've written for Viridian yet~! :D I really hope you guys enjoy it!

No, this is not the Sports Festival. But this has character development and some important plot-points (plus we finally meet our fav. Purple boi, Shinsou!) A good portion of this chapter was written to the song, "Zelda Breath of the Wild: Hyrule Castle – Cover (No Marching)". You can find it on Soundcloud or Youtube. ^^

How's everyone doing? Hopefully you and your family are safe. I wanted to thank everyone for their awesome fanart~! :D If you've got some to send, please send it to Aizawa@email.com and remember to put a username or penname so I know who to credit~!

I ended up rewriting this chapter a couple of times. Eventually, when this story is finished, I plan to publish all my 'outtakes' in an 'extra' chapter at the end, so you can all see alternates of what could have been (and in some cases, almost was). Perhaps it'll also help inspire some young writers out there~!

So confession time. I was going to publish this yesterday after work, but I ended up falling asleep instead and didn't wake up until 17 hours later, when I had to leave for work. Whoops~ Hopefully you'll forgive me for that. ^^;

Also, there will be NO PAIRING FOR IZUKU in this story. I've had a couple people bring that up to me. I'm not pairing him for 2 reasons. 1, I try not to pair my MC with anyone so everyone can enjoy the story regardless of who they ship. 2, because he's mentally nearly 50 years old but physically 15. That's weird and a big no. I'm not pairing a fifty-year-old with a child regardless of physical age, nor am I pairing a physical child with an adult for obvious reasons. Just... no.

Also a question people have asked me. Is Izuku/Viridian gay? The answer is... he's mostly gay with a sprinkle of bi. ;) But as I stated earlier, no pairings, so it doesn't really matter. He can look but nothing more (nor is it something on his mind, all things considered).

Whelp. I wrote more here, but Microsoft Word 2008 (the version I use) crashed on me and I lost part of my A/N and since I'm such a scatterbrain, I can't remember what I wrote. So....

FANART~!

Big thanks to LILY on Quotev for this one! Make sure to follow that story to keep up-to-date for more art! https://i.quotev.com/img/q/u/20/4/22/e4wyee4plt.jpg

And another big thanks to Inked_Moons who drew us another White Nomu!!

https://i.imgur.com/sJd3SYg.jpg (this is the art featured on this chapter. If you can't use the link, check out the top of the page for the art. ^^)

~~~

Hizashi sighed as he sat down at the meeting table in the staff room. They'd been having more meetings this year than usual, and it was all due to one Quirkless student. He was really fond of the Little Listener, himself, and worried about his safety constantly, but the fact that they had to continually have meetings regarding said safety was mildly annoying.

Worth it, though.

"All right. Now, Aizawa, you said you had an update on the Midoriya Situation?" Nezu asked, eyes glinting in concerned interest.

It was a surprise to most of the staff how quickly Midoriya had grown on Principal Nezu. He wasn't the kind of guy to grow attached to students that way. Not to say he didn't care, because he obviously did, but it was more of a professional care. Like how someone would care about a coworker or a group of people on the other side of the world struggling with poverty or something. But this was more personal. He cared about Midoriya Izuku in such a way that he was pulling out all the stops to protect this kid. Whatever potential Nezu saw in him must've been incredible.