Chapter 13: Stirring the Pot

A/N: Hello everyone! I'm still alive (I think). Had to self-quarantine for about a week due to a mild fever and a cough, but I've been okayed to work again (even though I still feel exhausted). I start work again tomorrow, so I wanted to get this out before then. It's a bit of a filler chapter, but some important things come about, so it is necessary. Next chapter or two will show us the Sports Festival Arc (arguably one of my least favorite arcs in the anime, but whatever.) I'm personally looking forward to Stain. ^^

I hope you're all safe and healthy. Please try to keep yourselves in good shape, yeah? (Like I'm one to talk. Oof)

If you haven't yet checked it out, I did a bnha oneshot called Monochrome Rain. It's sad but it's also got a lot of Erasermic, which is my OTP.

Any fanart you want featured should be sent to aizawa@email.com along with a name you'd like me to use in the shoutout.

Thank you For all the amazing fanart!! I have no idea how to do links on Wattpad. I'm so sorry.

Kaelan gave us this amazing image: https://i.imgur.com/HgEz4v6.jpg  and This amazing Image: https://i.imgur.com/AiIgnCY.jpg

If you've sent me Fanart for Viridian, and I haven't put the art up yet, I may have simply lost your e-mail in my folder. Please re-send it with 'fanart' in the title Reminder that the address is aizawa@EMAIL.com, not Gmail or mail (I may have typoed that in the past. I apologize. I'm a scatterbrain). We have a Telegram chat group, too. PM me on the app if you'd like to join. It's chaotic and a great way to kill time during quarantine.

~~~

Tsukauchi Naomasa was tired and overworked. It wasn't a pretty combo, but it was something he was used to. And the USJ case was a top priority right now. It had a ton of media attention and a lot of angry parents waiting behind the proverbial red tape. He shuddered to think of how Eraserhead was going to deal with that. He supposed his friend's main saving grace was the fact that he'd been grievously injured protecting said children, so the parents would hopefully go easy on the teacher (even if they didn't go easy on the school itself).

So, Naomasa had done the logical thing—he'd called in Viridian to help. The man had become their ace in the hole. He was a literal godsend. Not only was his information reliable, accurate and extensive, but the man himself was excellent at problem solving and a knack for seeing the details that the heroes and police had missed. If Viridian ever decided to become a detective instead of a hero, Naomasa would honestly hand in his badge. This man was far more capable.

He was privately glad the vigilante wanted to be a hero instead. He liked his job.

Eraserhead showed up first. "Hey, how're you holding up?" He asked the hero. The man was still practically a mummy, and he idly wondered if he was even supposed to be out of bed. He and Viridian have a lot in common.

"Actually, rather well." Eraser admitted. "I expected a lot of angry parents, but there were really only one or two. Some even sent me get well soon and thank you cards. Hagakure's parents sent me flowers."

"Huh. That's a nice surprise." Naomasa wasn't expecting that.

"Another student's parents came to thank me in person. Apparently word got out to the parents that I'd nearly died while trying to protect their kids, so that's probably got a lot to do with it. Though I didn't hear anything from Midoriya's parents." His brows furrowed.