Chapter Thirty-Four

I replayed this song while writing the majority of this chapter, so I figured I link it up here so you can get the feels with it

Also this chapter is shorter than the last because it pertains to only one scene as I couldn't get myself to write another scene as well as I couldn't get myself to lengthen the chapter any more

-

It was hours before Yoongi heard the telltale sound of the boulder being moved aside for entry. Panic crawled up Yoongi's legs and cold shivers ran down his spine and tickled his sides. The hairs on his arms rose as the newcomer moved hastily through the tunnel-like entrance. Something about the way the dead leaves and broken branches crunched underneath the feet of whoever made it through convinced Yoongi that it was Hoseok. He reached up, and his fingers fumbled over the blank expanse of skin over his throat. He carefully removed Jimin's device and tucked it cautiously into a pocket crafted in the dress he wore.

"Wait! Don't come any closer!" Yoongi shouted as soon as he heard, who he hoped was, Hoseok take a step into the clearing. He placed a hand over his chest as he hid behind a tree.

Hoseok let out a breath he had been holding since the alarm went off as relief washed over him, "Henry."

Yoongi felt as if he could cry. Hearing Hoseok's voice felt so good, it didn't matter that he had been chased by a band of psycho murderers for the majority of his day. It didn't matter that he was scared shitless as he hid and feared that every snapping branch was the intruders finding him and killing him. None of it mattered. All that mattered was that Hoseok was there and that he was safe.

"You're safe," Yoongi laughed as he blinked back tears. Another laugh escaped him as he leaned heavily against the tree trunk. "Oh thank god you're safe."

"Safe," Hoseok confirmed. He took a step forward and scanned the clearing. "Where are you? Why are you hiding from me?"

Yoongi bit down on his lower lip and looked down at his feet. He could do it. He could tell him the truth. It would be so easy to do it now. He really should tell him. He really should, but he couldn't.

"I forgot my mask," Yoongi admitted. "I— you— you can't see me without my mask."

"Why?" There was pain in the single word that Yoongi refused himself to acknowledge. If he acknowledged it, he'd be forced to face the cause of it, and he just couldn't do that right now. Not for a while.

"Please," Yoongi pleaded. He swallowed and licked his lips, "just close your eyes. If you promise not to look, I'll come to you."

Hoseok wished to see him. He really did. He would have sold his soul to be given the chance to see the man for who he was falling head over heels, but he had already sold his soul to that very man and had no choice. He closed his eyes, inhaled deeply, and then sighed. He raised his head up to the sky with a crooked smile, knowing that the glittering stars above them would illuminate Yoongi in such a way that words failed to describe it. As much as his curiosity craved to be sated, his mind and body yearned more to be comforted by Yoongi's presence even if he had to close his eyes to be graced with it.

"Okay," Hoseok sang quietly into the air. "My eyes are closed."

Yoongi peeked out from behind the tree at Hoseok, and he felt as if his heart could shoot straight out of his chest as soon as he saw him. Just the sight of him drove him crazy. He had it bad.

Seeing that his eyes were indeed closed, Yoongi slid out into the opening and started toward the prince. With each step he took, his heart sped up more and more. He was sure if it continued at that rate he'd be forced into cardiac arrest, and he wasn't quite fond of that. Hoseok's brows twitched as he looked straight ahead of him at where Yoongi was approaching him, eyes still closed. His ears perked at the sound of his footsteps, silently tracking where Yoongi was from sound alone. The older didn't stop until he was just out of breathing range. A surge of emotions rampaged through Yoongi as he admired Hoseok's face down to the very last detail. This was the first time he was face to face with the man since their near kiss and his acceptance of his feelings. So many things felt so new to him as he stared at the prince. So many things were new. So many things were different now.