Chapter Thirteen

"Hey, Taehyung," Yoongi spoke out as the young makeup artist applied light foundation to his skin.

Taehyung hummed, "Yes, noona?"

Yoongi momentarily bit his bottom lip and then released it at the sight of Taehyung's frown, "What do you know about the queen?"

The boy stopped moving and narrowed his eyes at Yoongi, "Why do you ask..."

"Just want to know more about my future mother in law," Yoongi lied swiftly and smiled reassuringly.

Taehyung hesitated at the older's false innocent and convincing tone. He sighed and shook his head, "Do you want the filtered water or the real tea?"

"Real tea, of course," Yoongi answered.

"Tsk," Taehyung clicked his tongue. "From what I've heard, the queen is a spoiled brat. My hyung works in the kitchens, and he always has to wake up in the middle of the night because she wants a snack. She's a really picky eater, so he usually has to make her snack five different times until she finally settles on one. It's annoying because when he wakes up, I wake up. We both have to be up by six in the morning and usually sleep like three hours because of her."

Yoongi asked hesitantly, "You have a brother?"

"Yeah," Taehyung smiled softly, "his name is Seokjin. Jin for short. We're practically almost always together except when we're working. We actually grew up together, here, in the castle."

Yoongi nodded his head slowly and bit his inner cheek (ass cheek, that is... kidding), "I see. Thanks for the real tea, sis."

"No problem," Taehyung winked.

The doors to the selection girls' special room burst open as a new girl strutted in. She placed her hands on her hips and eyed everyone down. Her lips then twisted up into an almost cynical smirk before throwing her arms up over her head, "Let's go shopping, bitches!"

"What the actual-"

-

"Fuck!" Hoseok exclaimed. He licked his fingers and then moaned as his body relaxed completely over the counter. "Seokjin hyung, this shit is amazing!"

Jin smiled, pride swelling in his chest, and continued wiping down some of the counter, "Thanks. I'm glad you like the new recipe. I've been developing it for a while."

"Well then, you're a fucking genius," Hoseok groaned and reached out for more of the delicious treat.

Jin rolled his eyes at the predictable younger. He then sighed and leaned his side against the counter, "I'm glad someone does." Hoseok hummed in agreement as he munched on the food. "Hey, do you have anything to do with the girls today?"

The prince shook his head quickly, "Nah, my noona was supposed to take them out today or something."

"Huh, wonder how that's going," Jin said and then grabbed a treat for himself.

-

"Everything is on meeee!" The girl screeched as she swung the mall doors opened.

All of the selection girls squealed and burst through the doors after their leader. Yoongi scrunched his face into a sour expression as he stood still in the middle of the crowd. The other selection contestants didn't seem to care as they just ran around him.

A sudden pat on his shoulder caused Yoongi to blink out of his confused and disgusted daze. He turned his head only to see Dahyun staring ahead at the mall menacingly.

"Hyunjoo unnie... I believe it's time," she muttered darkly.

Yoongi gulped in fear and shook her hand off his shoulder, "Time for what?"

Dahyun narrowed her eyes and looked at Yoongi. She paused and then beamed, "We have to get matching onesies of course!"

She wrapped her hand around Yoongi's flimsy bicep and dragged him into the mall.

Welp looks like Yoongi just got dragged into hell.

After finally finding an escape from Dahyun's clutches, Yoongi grumbled and sat himself down on the tile floor. He gave no shits on how disgusting and unsanitary the floor was as all he wanted was a place to rest and hide from his... playful friend. He shivered as he remembered the Tellytubbies onesies. Dear lord...

"Yo," a voice chimed.

Yoongi, startled, jumped off his bum and accidentally slapped the person who sat down next to him. The girl pouted adorably and shoved his hand away.

Once seeing who it was, Yoongi softly muttered, "Sorry."

The girl shrugged, "It's alright. It's not like I'm not used to it because I've been in an abusive relationship for the past three years."

"What?"

"What."

Yoongi cleared his throat awkwardly and looked away, "I know who you are."

"Well I would hope so," the girl giggled. "I'm kind of the princess of your country, so..."

"Yeahhhh," Yoongi stretched out. He then looked at the princess in confusion. "What're you doing here?"

The girl smiled breezily, "I'm gonna help you win the selection."

Perhaps Yoongi choked on his spit.

"wHAT?" The younger spat.

The princess laughed and slapped the boy on the back once, REALLY HARD. Yoongi whined and just watched as the girl winked, "I'm gonna make my little brother fall in love with you."

"W-why?" Yoongi stuttered.

She grinned at him, "Because I want to rebel against my mother. She forced me to marry a man I didn't love and didn't treat me right, so I'm gonna make sure her son and heir marries the woman she loathes the most."

"Ouch."

"Don't take it personally."

...

"How did I become the royal family's little rag toy?" Yoongi asked, more so to himself than anyone else.

The princess smiled widely and bounced once enthusiastically, "Well my father hasn't gotten his claws on you yet, so maybe you should be asking that question later!"

"Well shit."

-

The queen rapped her fingers against her wooden desk impatiently.

"Florence! Is it almost done?" She demanded.

Her maid sighed, "My name is Fathmia-"

"Florence! Your name is whatever I say it is!" The queen snapped.

Fathmia rolled her eyes- when the queen couldn't see her, of course- and replied coolly, "Yes, your highness."

"Good," the queen responded. She then stopped tapping her fingers and leaned forward in her seat when she saw that her maid had completed her task. The queen smirked evilly. "Nice work, Fiona. Let's get it moving as soon as possible."

Fathmia felt her eye twitch at the new name but answered her queen's command in a strained voice, "Of course, your highness."

She turned away from the queen and mouthed, 'omg I wish I could kill that bitch! My name is Fathmia! It's not that hard! Stupid hoe.'