Chapter Fourteen

"Okay, so now that you've all gotten a chance to shop, I'll let you know that you'll be deprived from that for perhaps the rest of your life!" The princess sang and clapped her hands together. She continued clapping as she saw all of the contestants freeze.

Yoongi groaned and stretched his arms above his head, "Thank fu-"

"WHY WON'T WE BE ABLE TO SHOP ANYMORE?"

"WAIT WHAT?"

"IS THE CAPITAL SECRETLY BROKE?"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE WILL NEVER SHOP AGAIN?"

"CAN I DROP OUT OF THIS COMPETITION?"

"I LIKE PICKLES!"

"Ladies, ladies, calm down," the princess exclaimed over all of the shouting. She smiled, tranquil, and clasped her hands together. "First, thank you for sharing your love for pickles. Second, eggplants are better yOU PLEBEIAN. Third, if you win the selection, you will never be allowed to go out shopping for security issues."

"But you just-"

"You think I did that legally?" She arched a brow at the selectionist.

The other girl cowered and shook her head in terror.

"Okay!" She clapped her hands together again and smiled brightly. That smile then twisted into a sly smirk as she sighed dramatically and looked up at the staircase. "How could I possibly help you, brother?"

All of the girls gasped and instantly spun around to look at the handsome prince. Yoongi rolled his eyes and exhaled in annoyance before joining the rest of the selectionists. He has to at least pretend to care.

Hoseok beamed at all of the girls and waved politely. He moved forward and leaned against the railing of the stairs with his forearms. He looked dashing as he cleared his throat.

"Ladies, I've come to make an announcement," Hoseok- well, announced. The girls immediately began to whisper among each other as Yoongi could only sigh in exhaustion. His feet were killing him. Hoseok chuckled, "Now, now, please settle down. It's nothing too extreme. I've come to announce the first task for you." 

The selectionist instantly burst into loud and excited chatter. Yoongi could only groan. This meant he had to try and actually move now.

The prince grinned and raised his hand for silence, "Tell me, do any of you know my favorite subject in my studies?"

Everyone murmured to the people standing next to them, no one apparently knowing the answer for sure.

Yoongi let out a long groan of irritation that caught Hoseok's attention. The prince's eyes gleamed at his figure as he laughed, "Hyunjoo, do you know?"

The older boy- who as the author really likes to remind you is pretending to be his dead twin sister- wrinkled his nose and answered dryly, "Yeah."

"And what is it?" Hoseok challenged.

Yoongi looked up at him with a sour expression, "History."

"That," Hoseok pointed at him with a cheeky grin, "is correct."

ERRRR HOW DID YOONGI KNOW THAT? WELL....

~three years ago (approximately)~

"YOOOONNNNGIIIII!" Jimin squealed as he leaped into the bed him and his older brother shared.

Yoongi groaned as Jimin practically crushed his arm and glared at him, "What?!"

Jimin giggled apologetically, "Can you help me study for my history test? You're really good at it!"

"Uh, how about no," Yoongi grumbled. He turned back around and tried to fall back asleep.

Jimin whined and yanked Yoongi back around, "Please!"

"I said no."

"Pretty, pretty please!"

"No."

"Pwease-"

Yoongi whipped back around and narrowed his eyes at Jimin, "You don't even care about school. The only subjects you try in are science and math, and that's because they're easy to you. Why the sudden interest in history?"

Jimin smiled shyly, his cheeks flushing pink as he twiddled his thumbs, "W-well... Prince Hoseok just said that his favorite subject currently is history and told us about-"

"Ugh, you and that prince again," Yoongi said in disgust while rolling back around. "I don't understand why you have a crush on him. He's just this stupid guy."

Jimin frowned and looked down at his hands, "He's not stupid. He's really really smart if you listen to what he says, hyung."

"What about Taemin?"

"He's just my friend."

"... I think you should like Taemin instead of that royal prat. He's probably just really fake on the report."

Jimin's lips wobbled as he stood up and shouted, "Fine! I don't need your stupid help on history anymore!"

With that, the younger stormed out of the room and stomped his way into the 'living room'.

Yoongi groaned and sat up. He ran a hand through his hair and then sighed. With his feet trudging, he made his way after Jimin. He was going to help him study for that darn history test.

Back to the present hoes

"How did she know that?" A random selectionist exclaimed. "It doesn't even look like she cares about Prince Hoseok."

"Shut the fuck up, Susan!" Another selectionist responded.

She was then followed up by another, "Yeah, Susan! Shut the fuck up."

Yoongi was bamboozled. Who the fuck is Susan?

"Anyways!" Hoseok called out, regaining everyone's attention. "The reason I asked that question is because it relates to the next task!"

"Pop quiz, anyone?" The princess joked.

Hoseok gave her a sharp look and then cleared his throat, "Actually, I want you all to pick a society or era from history and make a presentation on how and why it failed." He smiled down at everyone and then added. "It's due in two days. Good luck ladies!"

With that, the prince spun around and walked into the hallway that would lead to his bedroom. The selectionists started to freak out.

Such a big history project due in two days?? How even are they supposed to-

Yoongi chuckled as he shook his head and started walking to his room, "Jung Hoseok, you have no idea what you just walked into."

I'm so sorry it has been forever since I updated this!! I've been really busy with school and extracurricular activities, my brain constantly wants to explode. Hopefully I can update quicker next time!