Chapter Twenty-Two

~Previously in The Prince's Selected~

"Date with Jeon didn't go well?" A voice spoke out.

Yoongi panicked immediately. He knew that voice too well.

Quickly thinking from the top of his head, he pulled the handkerchief from his pocket and wrapped it around the bottom half of his face in a similar fashion as a bandit.

"I would never go on a date with that fool," Yoongi stated as he turned to face Hoseok, the Prince of Illea.

~

"Date tomorrow night, midnight," Hoseok cut the older off. "I expect to see you here, sir...?"

"Just call me Henry," Yoongi grumbled.

~

An employee came rushing on stage and hissed something into Heechul's ear before running away. Heechul's features twisted in confusion and pity before they returned back to normal. The host sighed and addressed the camera.

"Sadly, it seems that there has been an accident where the presentations were kept," he explained, "and Miss Min's project was destroyed, leaving her unable to present. In that case-"

Yoongi raised a hand and watched as Heechul paused to let him talk. He cleared his throat and smiled awkwardly, "I backed my project online in case something happened. I can still present, if possible."

Heechul gasped but smiled from ear to ear, "Well, it seems that Miss Min is the epitome of preparation. Well done! We'll just get your project up, and then you can start your presentation."

~

"Good evening everyone," Yoongi announced. "I know the project was to pick a certain age of government or society and demonstrate why it fell, but I twisted the prompt a bit. Tonight in my presentation, I will be showing you common patterns that our government has that led to the fall of many governments and societies before ours. Here are some issues we need to fix."

~

Yoongi thought Hoseok was going to say something cheeky, but he felt his throat squeeze close as the King stood to his feet and stared at him intently.

"Yes," the man said, "I must say that I was most intrigued by your presentation, Miss Min." He stopped to press his lips into a firm line before relaxing again. "I hope that I do not overstep any lines in your past life before the Selection to ask that you become a part of my team. I would greatly utilize your talents at seeing issues and solving them."

~

The Queen's face swelled and reddened to a near, deep purple as she all but shot steam through her ears, "TELL ME HOW THAT STUPID GIRL MANAGED TO OUT BEST ME! TELL ME WHY SHE STILL MANAGED TO PRESENT. YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO DESTROY HER PROJECT!"

~

Yoongi let out a relieved sigh as he speed-walked to the younger, "Do you have what I asked of you?"

Taehyung smiled and held out a black face mask, one that would easily hide half of his face, "Of course. I'm not sure why you want to sneak out and shop, but here you go."