mgg blurb: sunrise at the lake (fluff)

it's this cute little spot that matthew found when he first moved out to LA, he's always kept it hidden... never wanting to share his place with anyone else. until he met you.

it's 5am when he suggests leaving the house, he doesn't tell you where - wanting it to be a surprise and you don't question it. you both rush to the car as you are, in your wacky pyjamas and matching mismatched socks. you love being in the car with him, he lets you take control of the aux and listens to anything and everything you play, singing his little heart despite getting most of the lyrics wrong. but you don't care and neither does he, it's fun.

he stops at a 24-hour diner before the last leg of the journey, it looks old and rundown, but the food here was the best, you both get large pancakes with extra syrup and the largest coffees they have before continuing to the secret location.

as you get closer to the location and further from the city, you notice it gets more deserted and foresty. you make a joke about how you've seen one too many episodes of criminal minds to not know what's going on, and he laughs. partially because it's funny but also because he finds it adorable that you're a fan of the show...always has.

he parks the car on a dirt road, close to a little pathway...so obscure if you weren't with him, you honestly would've missed it. he gathers your things and helps you out of the car before taking your hand, leading you down the path. it's muddy, and you regret wearing flip flops, wincing as your feet hit the soggy ground. he stops for a moment, and before you can question why he's telling you to get on his back. you don't hesitate to do so.

it's a short walk before the clearing finishes, and as you finally reach solid ground again, he puts you down. he's proud when he sees the look on your face, you're entranced by the beautiful sight before you, the sun rising reflecting along the lake perfectly, the way the water shimmers under the fresh light is magical, and the sky is picturesque... you are simply in awe.

he lets you take in the view for a moment, knowing how distracting it can be the first time you see it. he lays down a soft blanket and begins to set up the little picnic he has, just some snacks he keeps in the back of his car and the ton of pancakes you two had ordered. it's little... but it's perfect. you walk back over to him and sit down, the two of you staring at the sunrise as you ate, it's silent but comfortable silence.

you don't know who suggested it, but slowly you begin to shed your clothes... leaving just your underwear on as you both make your way into the lake. you were hesitant at first, but Matthew assured you it was fine, he's done it before. he leads you in gently, the both of you basking in the unexpected warmth of the water. you can hear the gentle rustle of the trees behind you and the sweet sounds of chirping birds, the melodic tones adding to the peaceful atmosphere.

he slowly pulls you against his body, wrapping his arms around you as yours move to rest against his shoulder, your hands making their way into his hair to slowly brush through the bed head he still had. adorable... it was adorable.

"thank you," you say, placing a delicate kiss against his lips. he smiles into it, you can feel it, and it makes you giddy. he's gentle with you, he always is....wanting to treat you like the angel he sees you as. his fingers run down your back, featherlight touches against your bare skin tickling you, and you laugh as you try to pull away.

but he pulls you right back to him, bringing you in for another kiss and smiling as you try and get your revenge. relishing in the soft giggles that leave your mouth as he flinches away from your attack. you call a truce soon after, the both of you too tired to continue the game. you head back to the blanket, drying off before sitting back down, your back resting against his chest as he whispers those three words that make butterflies erupt in your stomach.

"i love you."