spencer reid headcanon: needy spencer (fluff)

based on this request: I'd like your hc thoughts on needy older Spencer. Like our season 15 and on Spencer just being needy and clingy AF! Like he just wants to be held and cuddled, all the words of affirmation, and even a little needy in the bedroom

- omg he is SO!! needy.

- ok so if you're at home, he is on you 24/7. during the day, his arms are wrapped securely around your waist,

- whether you're sitting watching a movie, in which case he has you sit on his lap, leaving no space between you.

- or waddling behind as you tried to move around the house, trying to complete the household tasks for the day. he's like one of those kids that cling to their parent's legs, he just will not let you go.

- even at night, his legs are tangled up in yours, words of affirmation falling from his lips, telling you how much he loves you and relishing in the words you say in return.

- poor boys been through so much, lost so much... so many people. sometimes, all he needs to hear is how much you love him and how you're never going to leave him.

- he's a little worried you'll get annoyed by how clingy he's being, but you don't mind... you love the feeling of being around him, and you love being needed, so you don't question it or fight it.

- it's a little strange when he starts doing it in public though

- it starts off simple, holding your hand on the train into work...sitting closer to you as cases are presented to you, you don't mind these too much. it's understandable, and no one else seems to care, so you don't stop him.

- but sometimes he'll stop you as you're walking away from him and have you sit on his lap as you worked. you can feel your cheeks heat up at the stares and snickers from your co-workers, but surprisingly spencer doesn't flinch, just pulling you in tighter.

- it's not until emily has to tell him to stop that he realises what he's been doing, she's not angry at him, not at all. there's just a certain level of professionalism that needs to be established...and having two agents who are dating sitting on each other's laps, to no one's surprise, is not deemed professional.

- he stops doing that after his conversation with emily, but that does not prevent him from clinging onto you in the break room. his chest pressed tight against your back, trapping you between the counter and him. he keeps you close throughout the day, swivelling his chair close to yours, his hand brushing against yours, and your knees cling together.

-it's more subtle now, he's being clever, and you love it... because no matter how unprofessional it may be, all you ever want is to be close to him, as close as you can possibly be.

A/N: last post for tonight because its 3am and i am EXHAUSTED!! i hope you guys have enjoyed what i've posted today, please do let me know!! 🥰