22 - Secret Garden

At the hospital, Dr Sage was getting a Key Lime Seltzer out of the vending machine when Melody approached her and the doctor turned around with the drink in her hand.

"I know what you're thinking. These things will kill ya," Dr Sage said.

Melody cleared her throat, "Dr Sage, any test results yet?" Melody said.

"As soon as I have something, I'll come to you," Dr Sage said and walked away.

"Mhm," Melody said.

Henry approached Melody, "So, who would Lucy say she is? Doctor Do-Little? Doctor Strange?" Henry said.

"More like, Doctor Takes Her Sweet Time," Henry chuckled and Melody got a chocolate bar out of the vending machine, "It's just doesn't seem real. One second, I am cooking dinner with my sister for my little girl, I go into the bathroom, and then... The next," Melody looked at him and noticed the bandage on Henry's arm, "Did you?" Melody said.

 The next," Melody looked at him and noticed the bandage on Henry's arm, "Did you?" Melody said

"Oh, yeah. I, uh, took the blood test. I know a match is one in a million, but I also that I would've taken all the ones-in-a-millions I could get with my family," Henry said.

"How... How did you deal with losing them?" Melody asked.

"Hey," He took hold of her arms, "That won't happen to Lucy. Lucy is gonna sit up in that bed. She's gonna smile that perfect smile. You're gonna give her a hug, and you're gonna take her home. That's what's gonna happen... Now, are you gonna share that candy bar, or what?" Henry said with a smile.

Melody smiled at him, "Thank you for being here," Melody said.

"No problem," Henry said.

Melody opened the wrapped then snapped the chocolate bar in half and handed him one half, "I mean Henry... Thank you, I don't know what I'd be like without you here... I know I have Jacinda and Sabine... And... And Nick... And Avery's ready to come over, the second I need her... But... It's just..." Melody sighed and looked at him, "It's just a lot... Easier with you here," Melody said.

"Why because I can read books till you fall asleep as you refuse to rest?" Henry asked with a smile.

Melody smiled, "Probably," Melody said and she kissed his cheek.

"Well, however, I make it easier for you, you're welcome," Henry said and they hugged.

Nick walked over, "Oh, sorry," They looked at him as they pulled away, "I'm just getting coffees, you two want anything?" Nick asked.

"Cocoa," Melody and Henry said in unison.

"Alright," Nick looked at Melody, "Cinnamon right, M?" Melody nodded, "Any extra's Henry?" Nick asked.

Henry smiled, "The same, please, man," Henry said.

"Sure... Jacinda and Sabine are sat with Lucy, if you need to keep stretching your legs, she's not alone M," Nick said.