32 - Breadcrumbs

Henry, Jamie and Detective Weaver were still in Detective Weaver's storage locker, Henry was looking at his book as the two detectives were looking through the files they had on the case.

Henry slammed the storybook shut, "I can't do this," Henry looked at Detective Weaver who sat opposite him on the table and Detective Weaver looked at him, "Do you know why I wrote this book in the first place?" Henry looked at him, "Because I thought that these stories would give people hope and now, some psychopath is using it as a reason to kill people?" Henry said.

"Not if you both stop them," Detective Weaver said.

"Stop putting that on me, okay? I don't... I don't have any answers. I don't have the secret codes to these stories because it turned out, I don't even understand them," Henry said as she stood up and grabbed his bag.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Detective Weaver asked.

Henry sighed, "I'm getting on a plane," Henry looked at him, "You're right, New York is a long way from home and you know what? That's probably a good thing because nothing here really worked out so great," Henry said.

"And yet, we all know you're not really walking out that door. Not if you're anything like the Henry Mills," Detective Weaver said.

"You read the book?" Henry asked.

"Yes, I did and I wouldn't dismiss those stories just yet. You see, even though you can't admit it, Henry, I think you're quite a lot like your namesake, he was my favourite character," Detective Weaver said as Jamie looked at him curiously.

"Of course, Henry Mills was your favourite character, everyone loves a little kid full of hope and belief," Henry said.

"Yeah, I didn't like him because he was full of hope and belief. I liked him because he fought for those things and I can tell you're not giving up," Henry chuckled, "Okay, what's funny?" Detective Weaver asked.

"You're right, I am a lot like the Henry in the book, I wrote myself into it to connect with the stories," Henry suddenly sat down, "I think that the killer is doing the same thing. They think they're a character in the book," Henry said and started to look through the book again.

"Now, we're getting somewhere. So, all you both have to figure out is, which character are we looking for?" Detective Weaver said.

"I'm gonna get coffee, anybody want any?" Jamie asked.

"Sure," Detective Weaver said.

"Can you get me a cocoa?" Henry asked.

"Sure," Jamie said and walked out.

Flashback

On the Jolly Roger, Wish Blackbeard had found the treasure and he had the crew bring it up to the deck. Henry, Jamie, Wish Mr Smee and Wish Hook were tied up with what Wish Blackbeard called their front-row seat.

"Well, Prince Henry, Lord Roland, you'll both be as amazed as I am to find your washed-up old pirate actually led us to Davy Jones' Locket," Wish Blackbeard laughed, "Oh, and to a watery grave for all three of you," He looked at the four tied up men, "Let's have a look at what we've stolen from Davy Jones," Wish Blackbeard said.

Wish Blackbeard opened the chest that they brought aboard and they looked at the treasure inside, including the ring that they were on the adventure for.

"Oh, good lord," Wish Blackbeard chuckled, "There it is," Wish Blackbeard picked up a ring, "The Star Sapphire of Davy Jones. The ring with which he took his pirate bride and now a worthy addition to the legend of Blackbeard, the scourge of the sea, the elegant duke, the crown prince of plunder, the baron of looting..." Wish Blackbeard said.