sixty

SIXTY

HOLLOW SOUL

HOLLOW SOUL

Jamie Kilen walked unnoticed through the crowd of Capitol people that were making their way towards Snow's mansion. His blonde hair was covered over by a burgundy hood, the coat was long, knee length in fact. Bobby was forced to stay behind with Cressida, who had said goodbye and good luck to Jamie with a kiss on the cheek. Jamie, Gale and Katniss were moving in on the mansion. One step closer to killing Snow and avenging Talia.

Talia Riverthorn. Well, it was Odair now, but he would always remember her as Riverthorn. He had loved her since they were children. Apparently bakers sons often had a thing for rebellious, Hunger Games winners. Speaking of which, he took a moment to check for Katniss. She was wearing a bright turquoise coat, she was beside Gale, both of their hoods up too. They blended in well, as did he.

Underneath his coat he had his gun in hand, ready to kill if need be. In his other hand, his knife, in case he had to stab and run quickly. He looked up, there were apartment blocks lining the roads at the moment, but in a few yards they would end and give way to the mansion. Jamie felt weird, being so close to victory, and yet so far.

His shoulder bumps a Capitol woman's.

"Sorry," He mutters, turning his head away as she shot a glare toward him. He shuffles forwards, moving between the people.

Everyone was heading for the mansion after an announcement this morning asking Capitol citizens to come to the mansion for shelter, food and medicine. It was the perfect opportunity to strike.

Jamie's about to cross the threshold when suddenly a hand reaches out to him and grabs his shoulder. He turns and Gale is beckoning him back the way they came. Peacekeepers are everywhere, ahead of them, behind them- they're pulling hoods down and checking faces. Katniss was the number one most wanted person in all of Panem, if they saw her, they'd kill her immediately. Then they'd kill Gale and Jamie too.

They have no where to go, the Peacekeepers are closing in on them. Jamie looks behind him just as a Peacekeeper places hand on Katniss's shoulder. Then he's being flung forwards, onto his hands and knees. An explosion behind them.

"REBELS! ITS THE REBELS!" Someone is screaming. The Capitol people begin stampeding towards the mansion. Jamie pulls himself up, blood on his chin from the impact with the floor, and begins running too. He has no time to check for Katniss and Gale as Peackeepers and Rebels begin to exchange fire. Capitol children scream for their dead parents as he runs. The sound of their pain is agonising as he runs, he has to get to the mansion before the opportunity is missed.

Chaos surrounds him as he rushes forwards, he shoots a Peacekeeper in the chest as one runs at him. No time for second guessing. He dares a glance over his shoulder and see's Gale being pulled into the back of Peacekeeper van. Katniss has her arrow aimed, but she doesn't shoot, she can't, no matter how Gale begs her to. She keeps running, moving towards the mansion. Jamie tails her as she shoves through the crowds and climbs onto a Peacekeeper truck, looking towards the mansion. Jamie, tall enough to see over the crowd, see's Peacekeepers taking children from desperate Capitol people. These people were the same as the parents of the District people, except they had never faced the possibility of losing their child in an act of war, unlike the Districts, who had 24 children stolen from them each year, where only one could survive. Until Katniss. Until Peeta.