thirty seven

THIRTY SEVEN

DISTRICT 13

The room was plain grey. The only thing that held colour was the light, and even then, it was a dim yellow that hurt her eyes at first. Her fingers flexed, stretching the muscles that were so tired and tensed. She looked around, glass looked out onto a corridor, and across it, another room where someone else lay in a bed. She attempts to sit up, but the pain in her leg causes her to stop, it felt like it was on fire, and it spread all the way up to her knee and into her thigh. She had no idea what was laced into Enobaria's knife, but it was causing her excruciating pain.

As she lay there, unmoving, she tried to think of the last thing she could remember. It hurt to think, her head was pounding as she searched for the memory. Finally, it came back to her. The arena had collapsed after Katniss had shot the forcefield and Finnick...Where was he?

She hastily pulls the blankets off herself, they land with a soft thud on the floor. She rips the cords from her arm and leaves it dangling from its drip holder. She uses the edge of the bed to help her stand, her calf burns, by the looks of it, blood was soaking through the bandages wrapped around it. She pushes off the bed and heads for the door. Her hands slam against the glass and she attempts to open the door.

"Help!" She screams, "Finnick!"

From along the corridor, two people dressed in grey nurses uniforms rush towards her chamber and they use keycards to open the door. They grab her arms as she falls forwards.

"Talia, you can't be out of bed just yet, your leg is still too hurt to be walking on it," Says the younger of the two, blonde hair that was separated into two long braids, and blue eyes that could brighten up anyones day. Talia recognised the girl, but couldn't quite place a finger on why. The other woman and the girl helped Talia back to her bed, and a third, male this time, quickly came running with some medical supplies in hand. More bandages and what looked like needle and thread.

"Where's Finnick?" Talia asks as the older woman, blonde too like the young girl, with the same blue eyes, undid the bandages around her leg.

"He's safe," The girl says, looking at the older woman, "You're safe...This is District 13,"

"District 13?" Talia asks before yelping with pain, blood gushed from the wound- she had torn her stitches as she'd gotten up. She remembers the rebel group that told her of District 13 still existing, just underground.

"Fetch my herbs for the poison, Prim," Says the older woman and thats when it clicks in Talia's mind.

"Prim? Primrose Everdeen? Katniss's sister?" Asks Talia, "Where is Katniss?"