forty seven.

FORTY SEVEN

VENGEANCE

Her fingers drummed the table as Coin and Plutarch debated in a separate room. Her mind wasn't focusing on anything but the sight of her parents and Rossan strung up outside the Justice Building of District 4. Her father's mumbled words repeating themselves over and over and over. Long live my pearl. Long live my pearl. Long live my pearl.

"Talia?" His voice was barely a whisper as he spoke, his hand over hers, her other hand was restlessly tapping. "Talia, please,"

She didn't look at him, she didn't even register what was in her actual, real-time view- her mind was replaying the images. Their pale bodies, covered in blood and clearly decaying. She blinks away the image and turns to look at Finnick. His soft eyes were focused on her, only her.

"I'm so sorry," He says again. It was all he'd said whenever she broke away from whatever was happening inside her head.

"Its not your fault," She says, voice steely.

President Coin and Plutarch Heavensbee walk back into the room, both of them frowning as they retake their seats.

"We will allow you to go to District 4 and retrieve their bodies and pay your respects...With your permission, we'd like the team to accompany you, to film it. And then, once thats done, you shall return here, where we will be reading for immediate deployment to District 2, where you will assist rebels in cracking the Nut," Plutarch explains. Talia's fingers hover above the table as she listens, focusing on the words.

"Very well," She nods, standing up, "I'll go and get ready,"

"Talia," Coin calls out as the girl turns her back. She looks back around. "We're sorry for your loss,"

Talia simply nods her head before leaving the room. She hears Finnick stand to follow her at first, but he slouches back into his seat. Talia walks slowly along the corridors, her feet leading the way, her mind not even processing her route.

As she's walking the corridors mindlessly, her path crosses with Katniss Everdeen and Gale Hawthorne.

"Talia," Katniss says, gently stopping Talia by grabbing her arm. Talia looks up slightly.

"Oh, Katniss, hi," She mumbles.

"Everything okay?" Gale asks, eyes glancing to Katniss full of concern.

"My parents...He killed them...And pinned them to posts...And burned them..." Talia's voice is flat, theres nothing there but dread.