10 || Decisions

Song: Labrinth - Like A Movie (slowed + reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Nico

There was only one thing that was arguably more delightful than the kill.

The chase.

The kill was satisfying, reliving and most of all made me feel lighter in a sense. Like I'd finally gotten rid of a tough stain.

But the chase, that's what I thrived off of. Watching them with the fear in their eyes, the panic and stress that at any moment I could pounce.

And I would wait, wait until it drove them mad with stress, wait until they couldn't take it, wait until they were delusional enough to think that I forgot about them and that they were safe.

And then I'd pounce.

But the fun would soon vanish and turn into anger the moment they'd beg for death.

It fucking killed my vibe and made me feel.

Anger, resentment and rage were the biggest emotions that came forth. They had no right to ask for my mercy, not after what they'd all done.

But then sometimes life would be generous enough as to throw me a curveball. I liked those.

The last curveball I'd been given was a bald headed, toothless bitch. One that wouldn't stop screaming and crying.

She was the daughter of a man I'd long ago put down in my black book. My now, little black book.

I say little, because over the years what started out as twenty pages filled with names had narrowed down to seven.

And in those years, I'd returned to America, built an underground empire, all the while shitting on those who'd wronged me.

I'd watched the life drain from Arnold - the old man's- green eyes the second I snapped his precious little daughters neck in front of him.

And then, I'd watched the light only further dim as I sat her in the chair across from his and forced him to stare at her dead body until he passed out.

He had two sons. One too oblivious and not worth my time and another - much younger one - off in some conversion camp he disguised as boarding school.

Who knew Arnold was a giant homophobe.

What a shame that his son couldn't fulfil his wishes of finishing out his time at camp because he had to return home on such short notice to attend his fathers funeral.

Maybe that'd give the kid the perfect chance to run.

Run like I did.

Either way, I came to the same conclusion.

I didn't like that I got so emotionally driven when killing. It ruined the experience.

Luckily, I had found other ways to have my fun.

And right now, the pretentious jackass standing on the other side of my desk was one of them.