22

NARRATOR

"You're really not going?" Jisoo asked Yoongi who was pacing through what Netflix had to offer on Taehyung's wedding day. "And have you bug me with the details? Pft, as if. " Yoongi kid and bit from his hamburger. She rolled her eyes.

It has been 6 months. She can't say she's perfectly fine but she knows, it wont sting as bad as before. "You and Taehyung are friends before anything else." Jisoo sulked before plopping down beside him.

"We're friends, its exactly why he'd understand why I'm not going." He only said and kept scrolling through the shows and movies. Jisoo still felt bad. Of course she wasn't going, Irene wouldn't like it and it was the only way to assure nothing else will happen that night.

"Ugh, Yoongi come on! Just go, don't you know how bad I feel right now?" Jisoo whined and kept swinging his arm that was choosing shows back and forth.

"If you feel bad then let's at least go to the venue. That way, I go and you get your official closure. I'll also be there to make sure nothing happens." He said and finally looked her way. Somehow, Jisoo felt like Yoongi was bent on making her go in a very inconspicuous way.

"I told you, this is the best for today. It just doesn't feel right for you not to attend when everyone will be there."

"Everyone but not you, if you can be absent today why can't I?" Yoongi was just fooling around at this point.

"Because, you don't have an excuse. I have. The girls understand and Jungkook can cover for me... hopefully but the guys can catch a hint. So, just go and stop leeching off of my place." Jisoo said and melted unto her couch after snatching the remote from Yoongi's grasp.

"I have an excuse. I'm with someone I'm courting so unfortunately I can't possibly be at the wedding unless she comes with me." He said effortlessly, picking on the fries on top of the coffee table that Jisoo had laid her legs on.

Jisoo was startled and felt her heart beat a little faster. She kicked him off the couch and stood up.

"I'm not going. You understand that... right?"

Yoongi chuckled before standing up in front of her and ruffled her hair.

"I'm your friend before anything else so, yes I understand but I'm still not going."

"Ah, Yoongi!" Jisoo exclaimed and kept slapping his back. He winced and whined at the pang.

"Fine! I'll go to the venue, I have a feeling you would insist and hold this as a grudge even by the time the wedding is over." He said, giving up. Yoongi looked over to the clock at and back at Jisoo.

She finally sighed in relief. Jisoo felt a wash of relaxation as she sunk deeper into the comfort of her couch.

Yoongi prepared to leave with the suit and tie already in his car, courtesy of Jisoo.

"Jisoo." He called out as she was preparing her wine glass and a good bottle of wine she has been keeping for special occasions. Today wasn't any special of course, it was just that she had to keep herself in check.

"Hm?" 

Yoongi sighed before scratching the tip of his eyebrow. "I don't want to go because it makes me uneasy that you'll be alone today. What if you attend the wedding or the venue out of impulse? If you were going to go, you could have at least went with me." He reasoned out, still hesitating at the moment.

"That's too bizzare. I won't, I swea--"

"You're allowed to go, you can go and you can also not go. I'm just saying if you were to attend, my mind would be at peace if you go right now." Yoongi was only afraid of her regression. Jisoo has been doing so well and this was a very crucial day and there was no avoiding it so he thought, all there's left to it was to face it head on.