Epilogue

NARRATOR

And so life went on as usual and quicker than desired. As if expected, who used to be friends had no longer maintained their communication. What was left was everybody else checking up on each other by their social media accounts. Of course, it wasn't as if they didn't want to grow apart. It just so happened that way. It had been 3 years. 3 years which felt more like 3 months. All were happy in their own ways.

Jisoo has been dating Yoongi all the while various things happened to Taehyung after the wedding. She was not happy all the time but with Yoongi, she was at ease. She had called him her home. There was always trouble in the family and Jungkook was just starting to get his life together and as his one and only older sister. How could she not be involved?

Taehyung had a son with Irene. It wasn't his but, he knew all too well of family affairs to alienize this situation. He had raised him as his own and gave the baby the family it deserves. Of course, he could not blame Irene as he refused to call a kid, a mistake. After all, he isn't the perfect husband that he is perceived to be. Coincidentally, something on Irene's side happened as well on the day of the engagement. 

He had never expected it and it was strange how he didn't feel betrayed. He frequently thought, how could a traitor ever feel betrayed as well. Since all he could think of while with Irene was that he felt allowed to ponder of her instead. It was odd but it was in his head, so he never acted upon it. Instead he showered their son with love and affection.  They also planned to explain it when he grows older. 

Taehyung didn't want any misconceptions if they were going to be a family. Still, they fulfilled their own roles and as being partners for each other since college, they stayed civil, mundane but civil and platonic. It was the very least they could do for each other. It was not bad at all as their bond as significant others still existed to their delight for they could get along quite well. Sure, this wasn't what he imagined life would be when he was younger.

Then again, as the overused phrase goes, "Things never go the way you plan."

"It rarely does." Taehyung uttered under his breath while spacing out during his break. 

"Taehyung-sunbae! Could you help me with this?" He sighed, putting out the butt of his cigarette before turning to his co-worker. "Can't he take a hint I'm on my  break?" Taehyung could only smile as he approached the employee that is working under him.

"What's the matter?"

One thing that went unnoticed even by his own self was him being able to cook up a façade anytime he liked. It was an unprecedented talent of his.

Taehyung simply did the work himself instead of a step by step tutorial. It would unrealistic for this junior of his to learn and never call for him again after just one lesson so he did it swiftly and returned to his own office.

He's happy. He really is. It wasn't a perfect life but what more could he ask for? Taehyung admitted he isn't a saint so this is all he could muster for his self. He got off of work and went to Dae-hee's daycare, his son, to pick him up.

He tucked the lighter and the pack of cigarette back into his pocket when he noticed a flood of kids started to erupt from the school's entrance. Taehyung exited his vehicle and welcomed Dae-hee with open arms.

"Dad!" He chimed. Taehyung's heart melted as he lifted the 3-year old into his embrace.

"You look energetic today. Do you want some ice cream before we go home?" Taehyung asked whilst they made their way back to where he parked his car. He carried him in his left arm while he pulled out his car keys.