15

JISOO

Irene stared at me before smiling at me.

"Okay, I believe you." She said and went in first. I let out a heavy sigh and held both sides of my temple. God, that conversation felt like a goddamn eternity. I clutched the hem of my shirt before popping open the bag of peanuts I was holding unto the whole time. I felt so... done. Really? Was that all necessary?

I can't fucking believe this shit. I gritted my teeth. I understand that she's just hostile but me being selfish.. i Just wanna say that was just uncalled for. I'm... so sad. Though I'm not crying, I'm proud of that and only that. Maybe since I resisted a huge temptation. I feel smart...yet I feel so sad. I'm so sad. I sniffled before going inside the karaoke room. Jennie immediately pulled me to her side.

"Did anything happen?" She asked and I just nodded. Yoongi glanced at me before shaking his head. " You can go home if you want to.." Jennie had said and rubbed my back. I sighed and shook my head. Who knows what'll happen to me when I'm alone with my overbearing thoughts. It's already done, I'm done with it. I just need to act like it. After everything, I don't think I'll be able to date anyone for a while. Everything is just too much, I can't let this happen again.

I looked over to Taehyung who was smiling brightly. That's right, I did the right thing. You're only sad now. That's what matters, this is only temporary. Jisoo...

"Here, have some nuts." I said and chucked it into Yoongi's grasp. He looked at me questionably before hesitating to eat. "Dude, you're not snow white. Poison is a cheap move, if I were to kill someone, it won't be through nuts." I said and stood up. I grabbed the other mic and closed my eyes for a while.

"Chaeng-ah!" I called out. She looked at me widened eyes asking "Yeah?"

"Let's sing!!" I shouted and shook the maracas I was holding. She answered me with a cheery shriek and grabbed the other mic as well.

You're Kim Jisoo. It's not like you're alone... You can do this.

5 years later

NARRATOR

Jisoo groaned in frustration. Her patient for today is a tricky one. They always extend their session whenever they feel like it and Jisoo doesn't know how to say no... since she never had to. If if was to help them and make money at the same time, how could she refuse?

"And that's for today's session, Eun-ssi." Jisoo said with a sweet smile. The patient was hesitant, he knew that he was keeping her for too long but he still had so much to say and all the things he wanted to hear from someone. Jisoo noticed this and mentally sighed, these were the times she wished she had worked with Yoongi instead in a company rather than her sister's clinic.

"Do you want another extension?" She asked softly making her patient cheer up as it was offered and not requested. Jisoo heaved in a sigh and reset the timer for the third time today. She had always placed her appointment with this particular client on a day when no one else would be affected.

But... this was the last straw. She couldn't turn down the offer of her college friends for some coffee and chat. Jisoo had nothing against her college friends, she would actually love a get together. Everything's just been hectic and she's been turning them down quite a lot recently so...

"Ah Unnie!"

"Lisa..."

"Just come please?"