1 -How it all began

I want to tell you a story, a love story born by chance or simply because fate had foreseen that two predestined souls should meet and love each other deeply.

Can Divit is a famous globetrotting photographer who found himself kissing a perfect stranger in the dark of a theatre in the belief that she was his girlfriend Polen.
That kiss will change his life completely.
He feels he can't help but think about that mysterious girl whose face he hasn't even seen while the only thing he has left of her is the indelible memory of her wonderful scent of wild flowers.
It is thanks to that perfume that he will recognise in the young employee of the agency, Sanem Aydin, the marvellous creature who has bewitched him and captured his every thought since that meeting, a meeting that seems part of a beautiful fairytale.
This will in fact become their love, a fairytale that will lead them to get to know each other and love each other, a feeling that will slowly grow until it becomes something special and unique in the existence of both.

Can has never had a serious relationship in his life, he has never really bonded with anyone, least of all a woman. This is the first time his heart is touched by a smile, by two eyes that shine shyly and innocently, making him lose his head completely.

Sanem, on the other hand, is a dreamer, has never been in love and has always been waiting for her albatross, the man of her dreams and life, about whom she has been writing for years in her diaries, imagining that one day she would become a writer.
Their love is born and grows despite the difficulties and interference of many people who want to thwart it. They face many obstacles but each one cannot prevent these two souls from loving each other, losing each other, looking for each other and finding each other again.

An Italian businessman's morbid interest in Sanem and her perfume makes Can completely lose his mind. He is jealous of the woman he is learning to love deeply and of her wonderful perfume which he feels is his alone. Knowing that the man so obstinately wants the formula of that essence that is so special to him leads him to attack him and end up in prison for doing so.

Sanem can't accept that her albatross is locked up in a cage, he was born to be free and she would do anything to allow him to be free, including giving the secret recipe for her perfume to that vile man and that's what she'll do, knowing she could create an irremediable rift with the man she loves if he finds out before she feels ready to confess it to him.

When Can is free again Sanem can't believe she has him back, being able to hold him in her arms and still be encased in the strong wings of her albatross makes her feel so happy that she can't find the courage to tell him what she has done, she knows he might have a very strong reaction.
In the past he has been quite clear on this subject, that perfume belongs only to him and to no one else, never ever would he have wanted it to end up in the hands of that infamous man.

Sanem hides it for a long time, she is now a prisoner of this terrible secret, unable to reveal the truth and at the same time to let herself go freely to love because she fears the moment when Can should find out.
Our Sanem is right, she knows the man she loves well, she knows his pride and stubbornness, she knows he hates lies and cannot accept what she has done, even if she has done it for him.
As soon as he learns the truth he cuts her out of his life completely, he tells her that it is over between them, that she is no different from anyone else now for him.
He makes it clear that he is no longer tied to Istanbul. He is considering accepting Polen's job offer for a London agency for which he will travel the Balkans for six months with no further ties.

That moment is the beginning of the end for them.
Sanem will try to convince him to give her the chance to explain her motivations, she will follow him to the ends of the earth to reason with him and ask him to listen to her, but Can is adamant.

- Ben gidiyoru I am leaving, I accept Polen's offer -

Sanem, upset by her decision, leaves the agency, crosses the street distractedly and is hit by a car that is coming at that moment.
She is driven by Yigit, a man who is immediately fascinated by her. Unable to leave her, he seizes the opportunity of her forgotten diary in the car to see her again and offers her to work with him in his new publishing house and to make his biggest dream come true: publishing her first book.
Sanem is confused and annoyed by Can's attitude who, as always, when faced with difficulties, does not know how to deal with them and is only capable of running away.

She accepts the offer and leaves the Divit agency to go and work with him, only to discover a startling coincidence: Yigit is actually Polen's brother.

Can is not at all happy about her decision to leave Fikri Harika, he openly detests the man who, he soon realises, has more interests in Sanem than publishing her book.

There are skirmishes and tirades between the two ex-boyfriends, but there is never any real clarification. Both remain firm in their intentions, Can wants to leave for the Balkans while Sanem is increasingly determined to work for the publishing house and agrees to go to Izmir with Yigit to meet a famous author.

Both are engaged in a photo shoot just before departure, both have their suitcases packed and ready to catch a plane that very evening that will take them each on their own way and away from each other, perhaps forever.

Is it possible that this beautiful fairytale may not have the happy ending it deserves?

Can these two souls, who immediately recognised each other as similar and complementary, be lost forever?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, with this introductory chapter I wanted to briefly tell this beautiful love story to those who have not yet seen the television series Erkenci kus (Daydreamer), at the same time I tried to bring those who already know it to relive that moment full of tension between Can and Sanem.

That situation could have had a different epilogue, I wanted to imagine it and I hope you will enjoy accompanying them with me on this journey towards another story, towards a decidedly different fairytale but always under the banner of that unique feeling that has bound them from the very first moment.