23 - There is no longer a 'we'.

Sanem

"Seni çok seviyorum I love you so much."

His words keep repeating in my mind like a broken record while I still feel the taste of his lips on mine and the warmth of his grip, his scent that has imprinted itself on my skin like the love I feel for him I know is indelibly imprinted on my heart.

Bitter tears that I can't hold back begin to cloud my vision just a few steps after leaving him there on those rocks that have meant so much to us.
Damn you Can Divit, why did you have to come back and disrupt my life again when I had already begun to know how to live with that dull ache in the middle of my chest caused by your absence?

I enter the house and sit on the bed, my elbows on my knees, my hands in my hair, my face flooded with tears.

"Seni çok seviyorum I love you so much."

How can you say such a thing to a person who had given you heart and soul and whom you threw aside as something insignificant?
No, I won't let you hurt me anymore, tomorrow will be the last time I will see you and then...

Why does my heart feel so tight when I think that I will never see him again?
Stupid heart in love, you can't trust him anymore can you understand that, yes or no?

I get ready for the night, a night that promises to be sleepless, full of thoughts and conflicting emotions. On the one hand HIM, the sensations I felt again in his arms, his words, his breathtaking kiss, on the other hand Hakan's job offer and the possible transfer to Ankara.

I turn off the light and lie down for a long time looking at the ceiling, a thousand thoughts chase each other and get mixed up in my mind without me being able to put them in order.
I fall asleep for a few hours when it is now the next day and I wake up more confused than ever.

Today, however, everything must be put aside, it is the big day, the day of truth. Today I will know if all the effort put in the previous months has paid off, I would like with all my heart not to disappoint Emre, Deren and the guys at the agency who have believed in me so much.

I prepare myself once again with care to reach the offices of HXC Cosmetics, I go down for a quick breakfast and say goodbye to my family, ready to face the last day of work at Fikri Harika. I open the front door as I rummage through my bag looking for the phone to call a taxi, I look up and stand on the threshold unable to believe what I'm seeing.

In front of me is him, leaning on his off-roader, a sly smile and a single red rose in his hand.

-Can? -

- Günaydın sevgilim, good morning dear, this is for you, as a good luck charm for today.
I'm more than sure you're going to make it, your campaign is amazing and I can't believe the people at HXC Cosmetics didn't notice -

-

I shake my head in disbelief and without realizing it I accept the rose she hands me.

-What are you doing here Can?-

- I came to get you of course, come on -

He takes a few steps back and spreads his arms as if to welcome me and I find myself catapulted into a dream that I feel I lived centuries ago and that now seems to have become reality.