Chapter 22

Tadz could attest that her boss wasn't just bluffing when he promised his cousin that he will try to be more responsible father to the twins. 'Cause the following day, early in the morning, it was him she had first seen when she opened the door to the nursery.

Napakurap-kurap pa si Tadz, thinking na baka namamalikmata siya sa nakikita. But she realized, it was really her boss that was standing near the babies' crib. And he wasn't just standing there!

He was there . . . . preparing the twins' milk with a serious expression on his face!

Can you imagine that?

Who would have thought and actually believe that the billionaire heir, Aeon Grae de Dios will do such thing? It's way out of his character, right?

Pero baka nga talagang seryoso ito sa sinabing susubukan nitong maging mabuti at responsableng daddy ng kambal.

"Well, let's just give him the benefit of the doubt, yeah?" Tadz told herself.

She just stayed by the door frame and watched what Aeon was doing . She just doesn't want to ruin the momentum. Plus the fact that she kinda enjoy watching his every move.

Wait . . . .what?!

"Here are your milk, you little chubby cheeks!" His voice was unbelievably cheerful.

Mukhang napasarap na naman ang tulog nito dahil good mood ito. Maaga pang magising. Akala nga niya'y nasa trabaho na ito.

Bago tuluyang iabot nito sa dalawa ang kani-kaniyang bote ng gatas,

"Say thank you, Dada!" masayang kausap muna nito sa kambal. But the innocent babies just stared at him.

"Say thank you Dada or else I won't give these to you two."

Tadz tried so hard to muffle her laugh when Baby Thaddeo and Thaddea began crying loudly. Napansin pa niyang medyo nag-panic ang boss niya dahil doon.

"Aish! Sige na nga. Take these." This time, tuluyan na nitong iniabot sa kambal ang dede. "But next time, I won't give it to you two if you won't follow what I tell you to do."

"Uhm," pagtikhim ni Tadz. Doon lang nabaling ang atensyon ni Aeon sa kaniya. "Paalala ko lang ho na anak n'yo ho sila, hindi ho empleyado n'yo kaya 'wag n'yo ho silang piliting gawin ang ayaw nila. Anyway, good morning ho."

Her boss chuckled. "And why are you taking it seriously?"

"Nagpapaka-realistic lang po," she said giving emphasis to the word realistic. But soon she realized she herself wasn't. My bad!

"Oh, you are? Really?" A smirk was formed in his lips.

Automatikong napaurong pa siya nang bigla na lamang itong humakbang papalapit sa kaniya at tumigil nang halos isang dangkal na lang ang pagitan nilang dalawa.

"Are you sure you're being real, huh?"

Nagbaba ng tingin si Tadz nang hindi makayanan ang matamang pagtitig nito. His gaze was so intense  it could travel pass her thick-framed eyeglasses and could practically burn a hole in her hazel brown orbs.

The sun hasn't coming out yet 'cause it's just 5:30 a.m. pero naiinitan na siya.

His boss was just too hot to handle, that's why.

Wait . . . .  What?!

Scratch that!

Ang gusto lang naman niyang sabihin ay ke aga aga, pinapainit nito ang ulo niya.