Chapter 33

It has been almost twenty minutes since they left the mansion but no one of them dares to talk. The whole car ride was silent and kinda awkward at the same time. Tanging ang tunog lang ng makina ng kotse ang kanilang naririnig bukod sa mabining paghampas ng hangin sa mga punong nadadaanan nila. It was a smooth ride. Mangilan-ngilan lang ang mga sasakyan sa daan. Napakapayapa talaga ng kapaligiran.

Pero taliwas iyon sa nararamdaman ni Aeon ng mga oras na 'yon. The sceneries around them may be calming to look at but his mind was still in chaos. Even his heart was not in good condition. He could feel a slight pain in his chest. It has been there since he saw Mac Kenzo and Tadz together. Nadagdagan pa iyon ng bigat nang mabungaran ang mama niya sa sala ng mansion. Lalo pa iyong kumirot nang makaramdam ng guilt dahil sa pagsigaw niya sa dalaga.

For a minute, Aeon shifted his gaze from the road to the shotgun seat where Tadz was sitting. Her mere attention was fixated on the beautiful trees and mountains na nadaraanan nila. She wasn't saying a single word. She was just there, silent. Mukhang may malalim din itong iniisip habang pinagmamasdan ang kapaligiran.

He took a deep breath and finally mustered the courage to say,

"I'm sorry."

It took a long 60 seconds for the nanny to rip her gaze off the mountains and trees and draw her attention at him.

"Sorry ho para saan?"

"Sorry for acting like a mad man earlier. I didn't mean to-

"No, Sir," putol ng yaya sa sasabihin niya. "Hindi n'yo kailangang mag-sorry. I must be the one saying sorry. I'm sorry I shouldn't have told you what I have said. I don't have the right to do that. I don't have the right to involve myself with your personal problems. I'm just the nanny of your twins afterall."

Humigpit ang hawak ni Aeon sa manibela. He's mad at himself.

Bakit niya ba nasabi rito ang mga salitang iyon kanina?

He swore to God he didn't really mean it. Nabigla lang siya kaya nasabi iyon. Nadamay lang si Tadz sa init ng ulo niya kanina.

"Please, just forget what I said. I was just mad and frustrated kaya nasabi ko 'yon. You can involve yourself in my personal life all you want. I'm giving you all the rights. Besides, you're not just a nanny to my twins." Sinalubong ni Aeon ang mga mata nitong nababanaagan niya ng lamlam bagama't natatakpan ang mga ito ng makapal na salamin. "Truth is, I consider you as a family."

Napansin niyang umawang ang labi ng dalaga ngunit walang salitang namutawi mula roon.

"How ironic, you consider me as your family but your own mom?" saad nito makalipas ang ilang minuto.

Huminga siya nang malalim. Hangga't maari ayaw niyang makipagtalo rito. It doesn't feel good. It could only add up to that heavy feeling in his chest.
"'Cause you act like one," he said.

"And she doesn't?" she countered.

Geez. It hit him. Natigilan siya sa sinabi nito.

Aminado naman siyang hindi ganoon kapabaya ang mommy niya. In fact, he could still see how he cares about him but he just ignores her most of the time she was trying to reach out to him.

"You don't know her. Hindi mo kasi naiintindihan."

"Then make me understand," she uttered. "Ang hirap kasi sa'yo, you just keep your feelings bottled inside you. And sorry to tell you, pero 'yong pride mo kasi, mataas. Why can't you accept and acknowledge your mom just the way you did to Deo and Dea? Wouldn't it be nice na magkasundo kayo, nag-uusap, nagkukwentuhan, nagpapansinan? Hindi ba mas nakakagaan ng loob iyon, mas makapagbibigay saya sa puso mo?"