Chapter 18

"And why exactly are we here?" Prince asked. We were just pulling up to my parents' house.

"Those people at that hospital will never find me, or you guys here. We'll be completely safe until I can hopefully, and safely relocate us."

"I don't think this is a good idea Tay. You should think this over." Roc added. Of course always being the Debbie-Downer about situations.
"Hush. This is gonna work."

We walked up to the door. I haven't seen my parents in a while. Ever since Jaray moved out, I've gotten used to the way he lived. I haven't stepped foot in my old house in forever.

And I'm definitely going to have to adjust to their antics again.

"Well look he-.."
"Before you get all "lovey," I am only here so that me and my.....cousins, have a safe place to stay." I said to my mom.

"Cousins? Do I know the-..."
I cut her off. "No. I found them...on the internet...they were living in bad conditions and it turns out we're related."

After the biggest lie in the world, we got settled.

"I don't like this house." Ray stated.
"Me either." Prince added,"It looks like a happy rainbow took a pee in it."

"Can y'all stop being so negative? This is the best place I could've brought y'all to keep you safe for a while."

"Even though I don't like the plan at all, she has a point. At least be a little grateful."

Prince shook his head. "Ok maybe you're right, but what if they find you?We just gonna give up?What we gonna do?"

"Of course we're not giving up." Ray said,"That's crazy."

"Well I'm just asking."

"Y'all have Roc for one. He'll take care of you. And my mom is completely convinced that we're all related so you can stay here." I responded

"If you get caught Taylen, where will they take you?" Ray asked

"Not sure." I answered,"But I'm not scared. Plus, they might not even find me."

Roc turned from the window really quick.

"Think again!" He said

"What?"

"They're outside!" He yelled. Ray rushed out the room.
"Where are you going?" I yelled.
"I'm going to go tell her play along!"

Disaster. The plan barely even got started.