Chapter 14

"Why can't EJ just come up here?" I asked.

"Because he left."

Roc had one job.

BRING EJ TO ME.

But no! He chose to be disobedient.

"You make me sick!"

"It's not my fault! The cop took him in for questioning." He replied, "I was about to go too, but I had to stay."

"Go home Roc."

"I thought you needed me here?"

"I don't."

He walked out, and I turned to my side. He's the reason I almost died anyway. He just had to get some ass!

On the plus side, that creepy nurse hasn't come to see me, and I'm really glad. She was starting to weird me out so bad, I almost filed a complaint.

She's a cool person.....I guess. She just asks a lot of questions.

I'm just worried that she wants to harm me. Like SERIOUSLY harm me. It's crazy, I know, but that's just how I think. I don't know why she'd want to if she does because I've never seen her before I came into the hospital.

For a while, I sat and examined the machines, and cords, and the IV in my arm. I've always wanted to be a doctor, it's my ultimate dream. I just wish I could do it without going through all that school.

I also wish I didn't drop out.

But if you think about it, it's EJ's fault I dropped out. If he wouldn't have gone off to wherever, I wouldn't have been stressed, and so depressed that I couldn't do anything but look for him, cry, and sleep..barely.

"Hey." I heard. I looked to the door and there was the nurse.

"Wassup." I responded. She walked over to me, and pulled up a stool to my bed like usual.

"How was your day?" She asked.

"Alright I guess. I'm still in this room so not much."

"We'll get you out. Soon." She said. She took my arm, and checked the IV. "We need to change it. It's dirty."

"Ok."
_____

After she changed the IV, she left.

I sat up and watched TV, and talked to Roc.

Surprisingly he apologized.

"Yea, she came in to check on me." I told him. He didn't really like the nurse either. He felt like she was a witch.

"Be careful Tay. I don't like her."

"Ain't nothing to worry about."

I started to feel something wet on my arm. I looked down, and it was my arm.

"Damnit." I mumbled.

"What's wrong?" Roc questioned.

"Nothing. My arm is bleeding."

"The IV?"

"Yea."

I reached over and picked up the bed phone.

No one picked up.

"What the fuck?" I said."Why it's not working?"

I pressed the help button......and it fell.

"Oh my god!!!" I yelled.

"Are you alright?" Roc said concerned.

"No! My arm is bleeding, and I can't get help!"

"I'm on my way!" He said.

He so protective. Damn.

I looked at the blood, and saw it spread.

So I decided to scream.

"HELP!"

Why would they do this? I'm a teen with a gunshot wound that effects 85% of my back right now.I can't move yet.

A doctor rushed in, and fixed me up fast.

"Your IV was put in the wrong place Ms.Carter. You weren't moving when she replaced it, were you?" She asked.

"No. I don't know how that happened."

"Might I ask, what nurse did you have?"

"Nurse Jones? I think. She had dark short hair. Kind of hippy."

The doctor had a offset face.

"There's no nurse Jones here that fits that description." She said. I scrunched my face.

"She has a badge." I told her.

"You know what, I've been out for a while......I'll check the system."

And she left the room.

When she left, Roc came in.

"Roc I need to leave!"

"Why? You not cleared yet." He replied.

By the looks of it....I'll never be.

"I'm dead serious! These people are crazy!"

"Taylen shut up. Do you know how much hospitals cost? You're lucky I'm known here. That's how you got a discount." He said.

"These people are killers!" I semi-yelled.

"And how do you know this hun?"

"You should've seen that doctor! She had crazy eyes! And what kind of hospital doesn't have a decent help service?! The button broke Roc!"

"Stop being paranoid."

"If I die, it's on you."

I folded my arms.

"Taylen, you can barely walk because your back is still fucked up. So just chill, and I'll stay here with you so you won't be as scared."

"Put some Neosporin on it, and I'll be fine. Take me home!"

He chuckled.

What he doesn't know..............will hurt me.