Chapter 1

Y'all thought y'all was gonna wait a long time for the sequel 😂.

___________________________________

I went to the station, just to see if they had gotten word on anything.

Just to know that EJ was missing had me going insane on the inside. When I found out, they told me to just stay calm...but how could I? Even when he was at home, I was stressed out with Roc being out doing whatever. Now I don't know where either of them are.

I walked in to where I usually go, and sat in one of the chairs. I looked out of the big window, until the detective walked in.

"How are you today Ms.Carter?" He asked.

"I'm fine."

"How's the coping going?"

I didn't want to lie and say it was ok because it's not. I have 2 things to worry about, and both are significantly terrible.

"It's....it's not so good." I said, on the verge of crying. He passed me a box of Kleenex just in case I needed it.

"Well. Elijah is somewhere, alive, I'm sure."

I'd given everybody the name I gave him. I felt as if EJ wasn't official, and that they wouldn't take me serious if I told them that was his name.

"Has there been anything happening? Like killings, suicides?" I asked.

"There's been a few, but none are him. Did you also want information on Romelo?"

"Sure."

"Well, he's had a few run in's with police, but nothing major, other than vandalism. The robbery wasn't him, thankfully. And He's being watched by our most trusted officer, just to make sure he doesn't get in any trouble."

I nodded my head. Bad enough I let him be a runaway, now he's a damn hood terrorist.

"That's good..I guess."

"Um....we've been notified of 4 new sex offenders. We only know of 1 to be a homosexual, but unless Elijah has traveled at least two miles past this station, he's in no radius of them."

"Ok. Have you had word with the morgue? Any bodies found?"

I realize I asked a lot of questions, but the more questions, the more answers, the more answers, the closer I am to finding him.

"Actually none recent. The 2 we found last week weren't him." He replied. "Also, we've put out your Amber Alert, also we've started your campaign, well have flyers, and posters to you tomorrow. And you have the choice to schedule a candle light vigil if you'd like, well have the news report about it."

I don't want a vigil, or a memorial. I feel that those are held for the dead, and I feel my baby is alive! I look at them as my kids. All four of them. Even if we are basically the same age. They're my babies! And I'll do anything for them.

"No. I'm good with the campaign."

He shook his head in agreement. "You know what kid?....You've got a good head on your shoulders. Usually, people will break down in these situations, but you...you keep fear, and sadness on the inside, and you wear hope and courage on the outside. Especially with you being so young, it's a sight to see. And if just like to say I'm very proud. And we'll do everything to keep Romelo out of trouble, and find Elijah for you. That's a promise."

"Thank you."

END!