Chapter 5

"Did he decide to come back?" Adrian asked.

I took some of the popcorn I had, and shoved it into my mouth."No. He's being a fag, and wants to live in a park smelling like a hot swamp, than forget everything and comeback."

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"Do you ever wish that you didn't turn them into humans?"

"Sometimes." I answered

If I didn't turn them into humans, I wouldn't be in my predicament.

"Well...is Roc a hood rat now?" She asked. No. Why the fuck would he be?

"Not everyone one the streets are hood rats, Adrian."

"Well, didn't he rob a house?"

"No. It wasn't him. He just chooses to live alone on that damn playground."

"Oh, well I have to leave and do some stuff. I'll call you later."

"Ok." I hung up the phone, and walked in the kitchen.

Most of the time I don't eat. I'm never really in the mood to.

I walked back out, and decided to drive back to Roc.

Usually if I see him, I don't have sympathy, and just go on with no hesitation. Because there's no reason for him to be that petty to the point where he'd rather live on the street.

I pulled around the corner to the park. He didn't even travel that far. "Running away" please. I can see him from the backyard!

"Roc!" I said, approaching him. He looked up with a blank expression.

"What are you here for?" He asked, "you were just here about a hour ago."

"I came back." I sat next to him. He smelled a little better. Not as ripe as the first time.

"Why?"

"Because Roc, I care."

He rolled his eyes, and looked away from me. I grabbed his chin, and turned his head back.

"You are going to listen." I said. "Do you honestly think I meant to hurt you?" He fixed his mouth to say something, but I cut him off. "I'm going through enough hardships trying to find EJ, and you're out here living the homeless life, and that just makes it 10 times worse."

He had a blank look. Almost as if he was saying "I don't give a damn." In his head.

"Why don't you wanna come home?" I asked,"Why is living like a stray dog better for you?"

He let out a huff."I don't know."

"You need to. And so do I."

"Because.....If I go home. You know about something, that I don't want you to know about."

"What?"

There was little silence. The only thing filling it was the cars passing by.

"I.....I know where EJ is."

END