Chapter 3

Next day, I went to the police department. Like I do everyday.

I dropped out of school to get a part-time job, so I could pay for Ray & Prince to finish all of the units at the center ( all 15) and so I could have more than enough time to run the campaign, stay updated with what Roc's doing, and look for EJ.

"Hello!" One of the officers greeted.

"Hi." I said simply. I walked to the back office to discuss more with the officers I've been meeting with in a daily basis. He doesn't just investigate situations, he helps people cope with grief.

I sat in the chair. And kicked around until he walked in.

"Hey, how are you today Ms.Carter?" He said, sitting down in his chair. He had pictures and keys in his hands.

"I'm trying to hold up. You?"

"Great. How was your night? Any nightmares?"

I didn't wanna tell him about my meltdown. Even though confessing is one of the main parts of getting the help you need, and being able to stay calm.

"I had a meltdown. But in fine."

He nodded his head, and showed me one of the pictures in his hands. It was a man. Probably no older than 35. He had a scar by his left eye.

"Who's this?" I asked in confusion.

"This is the guy who we believe has something to do with Elijah's disappearance. We've had him in file for a couple years. He's killed & kidnapped 20 kids, ranging from ages 8 to 19. And there's a chance that Elijah could be one if them.

I swiped the paper off of the table. And stormed out the door.

Never do I ever want to think a Serial Killer is the cause of EJ leaving!

I get he's trying to help, but telling me that someone I care about could be held hostage or killed by a maniac is only gonna make me feel worse!

"Taylen! Running away isn't going to solve anything!" He yelled for me. I kept walking.

"Sorry, but well have to do this another day. I can't right now."

END