Chapter 13

"Wake up......" I heard. It had a slight echo.

I came to my senses and realized who it was,Roc.

"I'm in the hospital?" I asked, even though I already knew.

"Yeah," he replied,"You just had surgery."

I tried to remember what had happened, but it all seemed like one big ,blurred dream.

"What happened?"

"Kacey shot you," he said,"But they got it out so you'll be ok."

"What about that cop? And EJ?"

"They're in the lobby."

I smiled lightly. I would've showed more expression if I wasn't in so much pain. I wouldn't want EJ to see me like this anyway. No one wants to see a loved one laid up in a hospital bed.

"They don't know when you're gonna be able to go home." Roc said, breaking the silence. "I'll stay though. Until then."

"It's fine. You don't have to stay if you don't want to."

"I want to."

I nodded my head at his response.

He walked over and made some space next to me.

"This bed isn't big enough for the both of us." I said.

"Yes it is. You're not that big, and you're not that little. So it's perfect."

He got in, and made himself comfortable. His shoulder put a little pressure on my wound, but it faded away eventually.

After about 10 minutes of us laying there looking at the ceiling in silence, the door opened.

A nurse, who was very tall, walked in.

"How are you feeling?" She asked sympathetically. I replied quickly, telling her that everything was alright.

"Aw," she cooed,"I'd kill for a boyfriend like that."

I looked at Roc, who was now fast asleep, and smiled.

"Yeah. But he's not my boyfriend, he's my brother." I replied.

I was starting to feel that cousin wasn't a close enough title. Even though that's what I usually say when someone asks what the boys are to me.

"Even cuter."

She pulled up a stool, and sat beside the bed.

"I always talk to the patients." She said."I can really connect to some."

"Cool."

"So," she began,"Got anymore siblings?"

I was getting the feeling that this chick was desperately looking for a boyfriend. But I'll just keep that to myself.

"Besides him, I have 4 more brothers."

"Names?"

"Jaray, Elijah, De'quann, and Anthony."

"Nice names, all of you."

"Thanks." I replied.

We talked for a while. Sometimes having to speak extra loud over Roc's snores, but we were still able to keep a good conversation.

I just get a bad vibe from her though.

END